What our happy honeymooners have to say!
Thank you very much for the message you sent us last week. It has been quite an adjustment being back to reality from our lovely honeymoon in Reunion, especially with the winter now have arrived in full force! :-)
We really enjoyed our time in Reunion - the island has so much to see and do! The helicopter is definitely a must - a very good way to see things that one would not see otherwise. Driving is interesting - some of the roads are very narrow and winding, but a good way to explore the island at one’s own pace. We spent time visiting the Vanilla Co-op - a great tour where we learnt a lot!
Our feedback on the trip is as follows:
* Connections Reunion - Emanuelle was absolutely amazing! She provided us with her mobile number and kept in touch with us during our stay. We really appreciated how late she stayed the evening of our arrival (our flight was delayed just over 2 hours) and arranging our meal to be delivered to our room at LUX*.
* LUX* - Wow! Wow! Wow! What an amazing experience! LUX* did so much trouble with us from a honeymoon perspective - the romantic dinner they did for us, was really special. Overall, the food was extraordinary and the staff very friendly and helpful.
* Le Recif - the resort is very clean and neat, with friendly staff. However, definitely a 3-star property. Here too, after a mention to Emmanuelle, did they do quite a bit of trouble with us as honeymooners. The food was good, but definitely not the same standard as the other properties.
* Car rental - the delivery of the car was very good and on time. We were a bit worried about the massive excess they have - EUR700! If you compare this to Europcar at about EUR380, this seems quite excessive. It might be worth considering other options, even if the daily rate is slightly higher.
* Webtours - We really appreciate the trouble you did for us right from the beginning. Responses to our queries were answered promptly and patiently with all our changes and suggestions. We would definitely recommend your service to anyone planning a trip!
Thank you again for everything you have done for us!
Pieter & Helena