8 Day Impressions Tour, Vietnam
|* Departing from Johannesburg including current airport taxes of R3,800|
|Room Category||Nights||Basis||Price||Valid||Ref No|
|Standard room||7||BB||R31,233||01 Sep - 02 Dec '17||TH1694526||Show Description||Enquire Now|
The above price includes:
- Prices are based on per person sharing
- Return flights to Vietnam from Johannesburg
- Current airport taxes
- Return hotel/resort transfers
- Breakfast and dinner daily (HB)
- 6 lunches
- Added Values:
- Domestic transportation
- Touring with guides and entrance fees
- All taxes, levies and surcharges (estimated)
Honeymoon gifts & offers
- Special Honeymoon discount, included in rates
- Gifts per the hotel
The above price excludes:
- Travel and Medical Insurance
- Items of a personal nature
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Visa - Required for SA passport holders
- More information will be given on enquiry
- Early check-in and late check-out
- Travel Assist fee of R228
The small print:
- As this is an estimate only, no reservations have been made and all services are subject to availability
- Prices are calculated using heavily discounted airfares with limited availability. The actual fare will be established at time of booking dependent on airline/class available
- This estimate is to be used as a guideline only and the actual costs will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- As this is an estimate only, no reservations have been made and all services are subject to availability.
- Prices are calculated based on the actual rate of exchange on the day and are subject to change.
- All services are subject to our standard terms and conditions as well as airline rulings.
- Errors and Omissions excepted.
Last updated on 26 August 2017
About 8 Day Impressions Tour
Arrive in Vietnam's vibrant capital city Hanoi. Depending on your time of arrival the rest of the day is yours to start soaking up the local culture. Dinnet at hotel.
Day 2 & 3
Halong Bay Cruise
Spend the day cruising amongst spectacular seascapes, fringed by jagged karst formations jutting from emerald waters. Halong Bay, with its 1,600 islands and islets, was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1994 and is a vision of awe inspiring beauty. You'll even explore one of the bay's many caves. Spend a night on board before returning to Hanoi the next day. This evening see a traditional water puppet show. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner on board.
Hanoi brings together all of the charms of a colonial past with a modern buzz in one fast-paced yet graceful city. Exuding a wonderfully exotic aura, Hanoi is the perfect combination of old Asia and new. Sightseeing today includes a wander through the Ho Chi Minh Quarter, where you'll pass Ho Chi Minh's monumental mausoleum and Ho Chi Minh's Stilt House. Also visit One Pillar Pagoda, the Temple of Literature and walk through the Old Quarter's atmospheric tangle of streets. Fly to Danang and transfer to the UNESCO listed town of Hoi An. Breakfast, Lunch and dinner at hotel.
Hoi An Walking Tour
Take a morning walking tour of charming Hoi An. A wonderfully laidback, graceful and wilfully traditional place, the streets of the town, lined with lantern shops and tailors, are a delight to wander especially as traffic is entirely banished from the town centre. Visit a lovely old house, still occupied by the descendants of the merchants who built it over 200 years ago, before seeing the elaborate Japanese Bridge, a Chinese temple and the bustling market. Vietnamese cooking is renowned across the world for its innovative use of fresh ingredients and spices - this evening, learn all about the local produce and the necessary skills in a hands-on cookery class. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner at hotel.
Fly to Saigon. A seamless blend of past and present, Saigon offers a high-octane ride into Vietnam's ever brighter future. Whilst this exuberant city is the driving force of modern Vietnam, it also has a treasure trove of fascinating heritage to explore. Experience Notre Dame Cathedral and the neoclassical Central Post Office, designed by Gustave Eiffel - both grandiose legacies of a colonial past. Also visit the Reunification Palace; and the chilling War Remnants Museum where the brutality of the war and its victims are well-documented. Finish up by browsing through the lively Ben Thanh Market. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner at hotel.
Journey to Ben Tre to take a cruise on the mighty Mekong. This area is known as the 'Rice Basket of Vietnam', the rich and fertile lands producing huge amounts of rice, coconuts, vegetables and tropical fruits. Paddle through the maze of palm lined canals, getting a glimpse of daily life on the Mekong Delta, and enjoy a lunch of typical Mekong fare. Return to Saigon. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner at hotel.
Cu Chi Tunnels and depart Saigon
Contemplate the horrors of guerrilla warfare at the astonishing Cu Chi Tunnels, where you'll see the legendary tunnel network used by the Viet Cong to infiltrate South Vietnam during the war. Return to Saigon and transfer to the airport where your tour ends. Breakfast at hotel.
Amenities & Services
- Swimming Pool
- Fitness Facilities
- Internet Access
- Double Bed
- Private Bathroom
- Television with satellite channels
- Mini bar
- Electronic Safe
- Individually controlled air conditioning
- Room Service
- Tea and coffee facilities in room