Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa, Mauritius
The above price includes:
- Rates based on per person sharing
- Return flights in economy class on Air Mauritius
- Routing JNB - MRU - JNB
- Current airport taxes of R3,600
- Return transfers seat in coach
- 5 or 7 nights’ accommodation at the 4* Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa
- In a Standard sea-facing room.
- Breakfast, complimentary lunch and dinner daily (FB)
- OR Upgrade to the fabulous All-inclusive from R515 per person per night
- Added Value
- Evening Entertainment as per resort
- Land & Watersports as per resort
- Early bird booking bonus
- All taxes and levies (estimated)
Honeymoon gifts and offers:
- Honeymoon discount included in the package
- Welcome bottle of sparkling wine
- Complimentary lunch daily
- Fresh fruit platter in room on arrival
- A T-shirt for the groom and a sarong for the bride
The above price excludes:
- Passport & visa costs (if applicable), travel insurance & items of a personal nature are not included.
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Early check-in and late check-out
- Just Honeymoons Consulting / Travel Assist fee of R228
Airfare surcharges and conditions:
- Only valid for low season departures as per above, subject to availability at time of booking
- SA flights - 15 August - 17 September 2018
- Add-ons from Cape Town and Durban - R1,920 per person
The Small print:
- *Rate is valid for travel between 15 August - 17 September 2018
- These promotions are valid for Southern African Development Community (SADC) residents only. Proof of a valid ID or Passport is required when booking.
- All prices are per person sharing unless otherwise specified.
- Passengers must travel within 12 months of celebrating their wedding. Your marriage certificate is required at time of checking in at the hotel.
- As this is an estimate only, no reservations have been made and all services are subject to availability at time of booking. Prices are calculated based on the actual rate of exchange on the day and are subject to change without prior notice due to seasonal adjustments, airfare increases, currency fluctuations, flight and accommodation availability. Please contact us for an accurate price once you are ready to plan and book your holiday.
- All services are subject to our standard terms and conditions as well as airline rulings apply.
- All discounts and/or special offers have already been included in the package price.
- Rebooking and cancellation fees apply.
- Errors and Omissions Excepted.
Prices correct as at 11 June 2018.
About Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa
Elegant authenticity among ancient history...
Furnished with warm tones, wood hues the colour of sunset, rustic thatch roofs and lush vegetation surrounding you wherever you are on the gorgeous grounds of this spectacular resort, Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa is its own category of paradise.
This hotel is on a prime Grand Bay property, perched on a peninsula with two beaches, each offering a different view. Woven into the legacy of the hotel is a little piece of Mauritius’ rich cultural history, blending old and new in innovative, creative ways: The old lighthouse now serves as a venue for the Mini-Club and the wellness centre has been built in the branches of an ancient Banyan tree.
Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa has always remained a favoured family hotel, with endless entertainment for adults and children alike. Its close proximity to Grand Bay gives you the option of retail therapy, while the hotel’s tree-top wellness centre, built in the branches of a centuries-old Banyan tree, has other therapies on offer to ease weary minds and bodies. Le Canonnier is a vibrant hotel. While it’s the resort of choice for the fun-loving fraternity, it’s been built with sheer relaxation in mind – the perfect balance for the ideal vacation.
Why choose Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa?
- Ocean-front location with two separate beaches, each with a different atmosphere
- Two-room garden-facing apartments with inter-leading rooms
- A choice of three restaurants each with their own unique atmosphere and style of cuisine
- Optional Beachcomber All-Inclusive package covering most meals and drinks interchangeable with Mauricia close by
- Five kilometres or 10 minutes from Grand Bay with its lively restaurants and shopping
- Tropical gardens with large swimming pool and a smaller one for kids
- Unique in Mauritius, the Wellness Centre is built into the branches of a banyan tree
- Pirate magic at the mini club, housed in the turret of an ancient fortress Beautiful settings for weddings and honeymoons
Amenities & Services
- Airport Shuttle
- Swimming Pool
- Fitness Facilities
- Internet Access
- Double Bed
- Private Bathroom
- Television with satellite channels
- Mini bar
- Electronic Safe
- Individually controlled air conditioning
- Room Service
- Tea and coffee facilities in room
Elegant simplicity best describes this hotel, which is designed to maximize the unbelievable views outside your window. Strategically designed lighting that coaxes you gently to unwind and relax. These are some of the signature features of Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa. Every room looks out onto the beauty of Mauritius, with either a sea view or a view of lush tropical gardens. Step inside a cleverly designed mix of island elements and modern style.
Standard rooms - sea or garden facing 104
Superior rooms - sea or garden facing 112
Family rooms - sea or garden facing 44
Garden facing Apartments 20
- Terrace or balcony
- Double beds
- Private bathroom with bath, double basin and toilet (standard garden facing rooms have shower, basins and toilet only)
- Television with satellite channels
- Electronic safe
- International direct-dial telephone
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- Complimentary tea and coffee facilities
Room service from 7am to 6.30pm
Electricity 220 volt
Check-in 2pm Check-out 12 noon
Dining & Bars
Sip a sundowner in the intimate lighting and elegant surroundings of one of Le Canonnier’s two signature bars. If you’re well rested enough after a long day on the beach to burn some midnight oil, hit the nightclub after 11 pm.
Le Planteur Bar.
Complete with a library, this bar is the perfect spot for a quiet drink before dinner or a delicious cocktail as you come off the beach.
You don’t have to disconnect from the natural beauty around you while you tuck into freshly prepared island cuisine. Taking full advantage of the historical surroundings that define Le Canonnier, this open-plan, airy restaurant is charmingly set in a garden near the pool. An extra special feature of this restaurant is the live cooking demonstrations where you can watch the skilled chefs prepare your meal. Buffet dinners are included for half board guests. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served buffet style.
Intimate romance defines this elegant restaurant, with its panoramic views over the island to the north of Mauritius. Choose from the delectable specialities on the menu for lunch and dinner. Specific courses are at an additional cost whereas dishes with no supplement mentioned are included in the half board or all inclusive package.
Half board and all-inclusive guests are accommodated on the same conditions when dining a-la-carte whereby a set amount is payable per dish selected from the a-la-carte menu; alternatively, a set menu is available at no additional charge.
Dress code Evening
Fashionably casual. Men are permitted to wear smarter shorts at the restaurants in the evenings.
Entertainment & Sports
Opening hours: 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Mauricia Beachcomber Resort & Spa, another Beachcomber Hotel of the same category nearby, shares its sports centre with Le Canonnier. An array of sports facilities and activities* are available to all guests throughout their stay.
Boathouse opening hours: 9.30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Looking over a string of secluded bays, Le Canonnier's waters are ideal for an array of water sports, available to guests of all ages and levels.
Located at the edge of the beach, the boathouse offers kayaking, snorkelling and glass bottom boat trips for those looking for more relaxing activities*. The more adventurous can try water skiing, wind surfing and lasers amongst other sports. For beginners looking to try something new, instructors can initiate them to the water sport of their choice. All activities are supervised.
- Water Skiing
- Scuba Diving
- Glass bottom boats
- Pedal boats
- Stand-Up Paddle
Situated on a historical peninsula, facing the northern islets, Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa is set in a beautiful location. With ideal family accommodation, the selection of outdoor activities offers parents and children active holidays and quality time together.
There is something for everyone... tennis, volleyball, and mountain biking are just some of the activities* that guests can choose to make the most of the outdoors. Le Canonnier also offers a unique and challenging outdoor activity completely free of charge: archery! An area dedicated to archery initiates guests to a sport that was once used for hunting and combat but is now a popular sporting activity. A full range of equipment and targets, as well as experienced coaches, are available on site to teach guests the main skills of this sport.
- Tennis (3 floodlit courts)
- Table tennis
- Body Shape
- Mountain bikes
- Aqua gym
- Circuit training
- Machine & weight training
- Cardio training
**Available at Mauricia Beachcomber Resort & Spa
*Private classes and certain activities are available with supplement
All Inclusive includes:
- Choice of two restaurants for buffet lunch
- Unlimited, selected house wine and drinks during lunch and dinner
- Unlimited, selected drinks from the bar lists between 09h00 and 23h00, including a selection of local beers, tea, coffee, soft drinks, cocktails and local liqueurs (drinks in the night club are not included)
- Sandwiches at the bar between 10h00 and 16h00
- Pancakes between 16h00 and 18h00
- Picnic baskets
- Tea and coffee in rooms
- Mini bar (replenished once a day)
- The Beachcomber All Inclusive Package is fully interchangeable between Mauricia and Canonnier Hotels.