Veranda Pointe Aux Biches, Mauritius
|* Departing from Johannesburg including current airport taxes of R 3,815|
|Room Category||Nights||Basis||Price||Valid||Ref No|
|Comfort room||7||HB||R23,645||23 Dec - 06 Jan '18||HF6762||Show Description||Enquire Now|
|Comfort room||7||HB||R14,790||07 Jan - 23 Mar '18||HF6890||Show Description||Enquire Now|
|* Departing from Durban including current airport taxes of R 3,815|
|Room Category||Nights||Basis||Price||Valid||Ref No|
|Comfort room||7||HB||R25,650||23 Dec - 06 Jan '18||HF6762||Show Description||Enquire Now|
|Comfort room||7||HB||R15,520||07 Jan - 23 Mar '18||HF6890||Show Description||Enquire Now|
The above price includes:
- Prices based on per person sharing
- Return economy class flights from Johannesburg to Mauritius
- Routing JNB-MRU-JNB
- Current airport taxes
- Return airport to resort transfers (seat in coach)
- 7 nights accommodation at the 4* Veranda Pointe Aux Biches
- In a Comfort room
- Breakfast and dinner daily (Half Board)
- OR Upgrade to the All-Inclusive from R2,850 per person
- Entertainment as featured by the resort
- Land and water sports as featured by the resort
Honeymoon gifts and offers included in your package:
- Discount offer included in package
- One romantic dinner compliments of the resort
- Romantic turndown from the resort
- Gift as per resort
The above price excludes:
- Travel and Medical Insurance
- Items of a personal nature
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Visa (not required for SA passport holders)
- Early check-in and late check-out
- Consulting/Travel Assist fee of R228
The Small Print
- As this is an estimate only, no reservations have been made and all services are subject to availability
- Prices are calculated using heavily discounted airfares with limited availability. The actual fare will be established at time of booking dependent on airline/class available
- This estimate is to be used as a guideline only and the actual costs will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- As this is an estimate only, no reservations have been made and all services are subject to availability.
- Prices are calculated based on the actual rate of exchange on the day and are subject to change. All services are subject to our standard terms and conditions as well as airline rulings.
- Errors and Omissions Excepted.
Prices correct as at 10 October 2017
About Veranda Pointe Aux Biches
In an informal and tropical atmosphere, Veranda Pointes aux Biches’ residents are invited to savour the simplest pleasures of vacation: rest in the sun, play by the sea, dream, read… and taste the flavourful local cuisine.
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- 115 rooms in 3 categories: 41 Comfort rooms, 44 Family rooms with interconnected children rooms and 30 Privilege rooms (adults only wing)
- Seven Colours Wellness Lounge - Unique setting in Mauritius with spa cabins right on the beach and overlooking the lagoon
- 2 restaurants and 2 bars overlooking the lagoon (including 1 restaurant and 1 bar- adults only, reserved for Privilege clients)
- 2 swimming pools including 1 adults only pool, reserved for Privilege clients only
- Timomo Kids Club
- Located near the lively coastal village of Grand Baie offering a wide choice of restaurants, bars, shops, and nightclubs (free shuttle 3 times a week)
- Located between two fishing villages on the north-west coast, Veranda Pointe aux Biches boasts an ideal beachfront location to take advantage of the pleasures of the sea. The hotel surely is a tropical haven for relaxation, but also provides easy access to the bustling tourist hub of Grand-Baie, to the capital city of Port-Louis and other attractions in the North.
- Situated on the north-west coast of Mauritius, near the little coastal town of Grand Baie (free shuttle bus service). Offers direct access to the beach
- The capital, Port Louis is 15 km's away or 25 minutes by car
- Grand Baie is 7kms away or 10 minutes by car
- The airport is 54 km's away or an hour-and-a-half by car
- All major credit cards accepted
This friendly and popular hotel is the only one on the island to boast a ‘barefoot chic’ theme.
Amenities & Services
- Airport Shuttle
- Swimming Pool
- Fitness Facilities
- Internet Access
- Double Bed
- Private Bathroom
- Television with satellite channels
- Mini bar
- Electronic Safe
- Individually controlled air conditioning
- Room Service
- Tea and coffee facilities in room
Decorated in royal blue shades and light wooden elements, each of the 115 rooms features a terrace or a balcony overlooking the blue lagoon or a green garden. The forty-four rooms with a special annexe for children are an ideal option for families, while couples who seek privacy will be delighted by the Sandy Lane Village.
The ‘Comfort’ rooms open up onto the swimming pool or the garden. The interior space is furnished in royal blue shades accented by white spaces, combining lightness with a tropical atmosphere.
The Superior rooms freshly redesigned and decorated in royal blue shades and light wooden elements feature a terrace or balcony overlooking the lagoon or garden. The superior rooms offer a real comfort and all the necessary equipment to relax.
The ‘Family’ rooms at Veranda Pointe aux Biches Hotel can accommodate a couple with two or three children. The annexe gives additional space that will delight your children and give parents privacy and peace of mind.
The ‘Privilege’ rooms are in the Sandy Lane Village, a wing of the hotel exclusively reserved for couples, with its own swimming pool in an elegant setting. The room opens up onto an intimate terrace or balcony.
Dining & Bars
Veranda Pointe aux Biches Hotel has two restaurants and two bars with very different atmospheres. Depending on your mood, you can sample local specialities or go for international cuisine, both in very relaxed settings with views of the deep blue lagoon.
Senses Restaurant - Thematic Restaurant
The main restaurant, Senses, offers a wonderful view of the bay and coral reef, welcoming guests for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The buffet style meals consist of local specialities’ as well as international dishes to satisfy everyone’s palate and preferences, including vegetarians.
Sandy Lane Restaurant - Chic & exclusive
With your feet in the sand, enjoy delicious food in an elegant and trendy décor. At its centre is a beautiful swimming pool – all yours for the taking. The Sandy Lane restaurant is on the sand, open to the sea in the day and the stars at night.
Foot Loose Bar - The soul of the party
Curl up on a sofa or on the deck of the pool overlooking the lagoon, sipping a local cocktail. As night falls, the atmosphere warms up with its music and shows. Don’t miss your first lesson in Kreol for a fun way to get into the Mauritian way of life.
Sandy Lane Bar - A call to relaxation
Between the beach and the pool, the Sandy Lane Bar has a soothing effect, thanks to the distant roar of waves on the coral reef. You will love the shady atmosphere and breath-taking view by day. You will not want to miss the sunset with a cocktail in your hand!
Entertainment & Sports
Sea? Land? You choose!
If holidays mean fun in the sun, you will not be disappointed by the range of activities on offer at Veranda Pointe aux Biches Hotel.
Because motor boats are banned in the sea in front of the hotel you will be able to bathe in completely tranquil surroundings. Don snorkel and mask and a few strokes away you can observe coral and fish in the lagoon. Or there again you could opt for exploring the lagoon above its surface in a kayak or pedal boat, contemplating the beauties of the natural world.
- 2 pools (main pool with kids area and reserved pool for adults)
- Aqua Zumba
- Pedal boats
- Stand up paddle
- Beach volley
- Table tennis
- Bocci ball
- Mini gym
- Free shopping shuttle to Grand Baie (3 times a week)
Activities you need to pay for
- Bicycle rental
- Pool table
- Electronic games
- Scuba diving (PADI)
- Deep sea fishing
- Submarine and sub-scooter
- Golf at the Heritage Golf Club course in the south of the island
You can’t leave Mauritius without picking up a few words of the national language! Every Friday, the day is dedicated to learning Kreol. Memorise these few phrases and your contact with the Mauritian population will be special, if not hilariously funny!
The charm of the North West coast
Situated between two fishing villages, Veranda Pointe aux Biches Hotel is in an ideal location for you to take advantage of the pleasures of the sea.
The north-west coast of Mauritius offers lots of tourist attractions by bike, hire car, taxi, or even by local bus.
TRIPS AND TOURS
Walking enthusiasts will enjoy exploring the area on both sides of the hotel, not to mention the beach. The coast is dotted with ‘campements’ - the local name for weekend seaside homes - as well as with public beaches shaded by Filao trees. Just a few minutes away by car, you can see the local fishermen going about their daily life in Pointe-aux-Piments of Trou-aux-Biches. The fishermen lay out their catch of the day in the mornings for the locals to buy. You will see all types of fish found in the tropical seas around Mauritius: the ‘vieille Rouge’, the ‘horned’ fish, whose dorsal fin grows over its head, and also the ‘babonne’. All of these fish are spiced up in a variety of local dishes.
Bicycle towards Triolet…
Twice a week, a short bicycle ride will introduce you to the village of Triolet. This village is always bustling with vendors selling local snacks called gajacks, sari shops, and colourful stalls of fruit and vegetables. The visit to the Hindu temple is not to be missed. Over a hundred years old, its architecture and carvings are as stunning as they are authentic. You will be met by a pandit or priest who will explain the different rituals performed during the many religious festivals celebrated throughout the year.
Pamplemousses by bus
For plant lovers and history enthusiasts, the village of Pamplemousses and its surroundings make for a fascinating visit. The famous botanical garden is a must, with its beautiful endemic plants, giant water lilies, and Chateau of Mon Plaisir, a colonial mansion built in the eighteenth century. The children will love the enclosure which houses giant tortoises and stag. In front of the massive gate leading to the gardens, which is a monument in itself, the Pamplemousses church is worth a visit. Built in 1765 during the French colonial period, it is one of the oldest on the island. A few miles from Pamplemousses, L’Aventure de Sucre welcomes history enthusiasts to an old sugar factory transformed into a museum. It traces the history of Mauritian sugar in a lively and interesting way.
Seven Colours Wellness Lounge
Seven Colours Spa & Cosmetics is the first ever Mauritian well-being brand. Available in all our hotels, it includes spas and well-being salons, treatments and massages, as well as our own line of cosmetics and beauty products.