Massinga Beach Resort - Inhambane, Mozambique
|* Departing from Johannesburg, including current airport taxes|
|Room Category||Nights||Basis||Price||Valid||Ref No|
|Ocean Front Deluxe Room||4||FB||R13,880||01 Sep - 14 Dec '17||MOZTSMHON||Show Description||Enquire Now|
The above price includes:
- Prices are based on per person sharing
- Return flights from JNB to Inhambane on LAM airlines in economy class
- Current airport taxes
- Return airport / resort transfers
- 4 nights accommodation at 4* Massinga Beach Resort
- In an Ocean Front Deluxe Room with a private splash pool
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily (FB)
- In an Ocean Front Deluxe Room with a private splash pool
- Snorkeling at “Fingers” Reef off the beach
- Rock and Surf Fishing – rod deposit required
- Swimming in the warm Indian Ocean
- Beach games & walks, Kayak, Surf Boards, Boogie Board and Snorkeling Equipment
Board Games, Cards, Books, Table Tennis, darts, pool table and DVD’s
- Beach bicycle riding
- Mozambique Sales tax
- Travel and Medical insurance
- Visa if required
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Various land and water sports activities
- Additional activities - fishing, diving etc
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel Assist fee of R228
- A romantic turndown on arrival
- A private in-room deck dinner, courtesy of the Resort
- A beach picnic
- A Massinga Beach Gift
- Prices are calculated using heavily discounted airfares with limited availability. The actual fare will be established at time of booking dependent on airline/class available
- This estimate is to be used as a guideline only and the actual costs will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- As this is an estimate only, no reservations have been made and all services are subject to availability.
- Prices are calculated based on the actual rate of exchange on the day and are subject to change.
- All services are subject to our standard terms and conditions as well as airline rulings.
- Errors and Omissions excepted
Prices correct as at 29 August 2017
About Massinga Beach Resort - Inhambane
4* MASSINGA BEACH RESORT - Inhambane
In the Inhambane Province of Mozambique, Massinga Beach sits above a stretch of endless, remarkably private beach overlooking the azure Indian Ocean. Far from the madding crowd and offering barefoot luxury, the Lodge caters for honeymooners, divers, fishermen and families.
A Beach Bar and pool nestled right at the edge of the warm sea provide comfort, snacks and drinks to sun-lovers. Nearby the boulders that have been artistically chiselled by the elements provide a unique feature and shade for secluded picnics.
Comfort is a priority in the Ocean Front Deluxe rooms that open onto an intimate deck and splash pool from which to absorb the 180°view of the coastline. The Ocean View Junior Suites, also with unimpeded views of the sea, are designed with families in mind.
Beach Weddings in this unique setting are an ideal beginning of a perfect marriage; one where your honeymoon begins the moment you say "I do."
Various beach games, kayaking, table tennis and pool table at the beach bar plus snorkelling, rock-fishing and disc golf in the palm groves are available.
In season, you can even view whales frolicking from your own deck whilst sipping exotic cocktails. Later, the night sky lights up and you feel like reaching out to catch the falling stars.
Massinga Beach is accessible by flights to Inhambane. The lodge provides airport transfers whilst self-drive is possible on a good paved road from Maputo to Massinga town where secure parking is provided. The last 14kms is sandy and suitable for 4x4 vehicles only.
Amenities & Services
- Airport Shuttle
- Swimming Pool
- Golf Course
- Double Bed
- Private Bathroom
- Television with satellite channels
- Mini bar
- Electronic Safe
- Individually controlled air conditioning
- Tea and coffee facilities in room
Dining & Bars
The welcoming restaurant at Massinga Beach Lodge overlooks the gently breaking waves of the Indian Ocean. It’s a tough setting to beat, and the perfect place to sit and enjoy the sunsets.
Feast on seafood of every description! Skilfull chefs rely wherever possible on locally sourced ingredients, creating a menu that is both varied and interesting, and catering for every taste. Expect an exotic blend of Mozambique-inspired dishes, fused with subtle European flavors. Fresh crabs, lobster, prawns and fish feature regularly on the menu. All meals at Massinga Beach Resort are included in your accommodation rate. Guests always leave rave reviews about the food! Lunches are often served al fresco, around the pool – but the choice is yours.
For a less formal affair, head down to the beach bar which is fully stocked with frosty cocktails and local Mozambican beer. Choose a delicious wine from the comprehensive wine list; tasty snacks are also available at this popular beach bar.
Please contact the lodge regarding your special dietary requirements and they will do all they can to assist you. Special meal options for children are also available at Massinga. The resident chef will be happy to discuss your individual requirements.
Rooms are equipped with a fully stocked mini bar and tea and coffee station. So you have the freedom to mix a drink on your deck if you can’t make it to the bar!
Entertainment & Sports
- Beach Bar and pool
- Beach games & walks
- Swimming in the warm Indian Ocean (unprotected but shallow and little backwash)
- Surfing (bring your own surfboard)
- Board games; table tennis; darts; pool table; DSTV; DVD selection
- Disk Golf in the palm groves - 9 hole par 3 course
- Body Massage and relaxation therapy in the privacy of the bedroom deck
- Stargazing – telescope is provided on the Leisure Centre deck
- Snorkelling at Fingers accessible on foot or excursion with picnic
- Surf Fishing at nearby Fingers
- Sea safari (Duration 2 ½ to 3 hours) Offered all year round. The boat is a super duck; easy to get on and off. Possible sightings include whales, whale shark, dolphins and manta rays, depending on the season. After the safari, a stop-off with a snorkel with guide is offered.
- Whale Sharks - Generally all year round, but mainly in summer.
- Turtles - Hawks Beak, Green and Logger Head. All year round. Lay eggs in November & December with hatchlings coming out in March to April.
- Humpback Whales -Heading North with calves to feed in the nutrient rich Mozambique Channel around October and head South in May/June.
- Manta’s - All year round, but also mainly summer months.