Massinga Beach Resort, Mozambique
|* Departing from Johannesburg, including current airport taxes|
|Room Category||Nights||Basis||Price||Valid||Ref No|
|Standard||3||FB||R12,725||01 Jul - 31 Oct '18||TH2133647||Show Description||Enquire Now|
- Rates are based on per person sharing
- Return flights from Johannesburg to Vilanculos economy class.
- Current airport taxes
- Return airport/resort transfers
- 3 nights accommodation at 4* Massinga Beach Resort, Mozambique
- In an Ocean Front Deluxe Room with a private splash pool
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily (FB)
- Welcome Cocktail
- A beach picnic
- Snorkelling at Fingers Rocks off the beach
- Beach games and walks
- Kayak, surfboards, boogie board and snorkelling equipment
- Board Games, cards, books, table tennis, darts, pool table and DVD's
- Beach bicycle riding
- Coconut cutting demonstrations
- Mozambique Sales tax
- As per resort
The above price excludes:
- Passport & visa costs (if applicable), travel insurance & items of a personal nature are not included.
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Early check-in and late check-out
The Small print:
- These promotions are valid for the Southern African Development Community (SADC) residents only. Proof of a valid ID or Passport is required when booking.
- All prices are per person sharing unless otherwise specified.
- Passengers have to travel within 12 months of celebrating their wedding. Your marriage certificate is required at the time of checking in at the hotel.
- As this is an estimate only, no reservations have been made and all services are subject to availability at time of booking. Prices are calculated based on the actual rate of exchange on the day and are subject to change without prior notice due to seasonal adjustments, airfare increases, currency fluctuations, flight and accommodation availability. Please contact us for an accurate price once you are ready to plan and book your holiday.
- All services are subject to our standard terms and conditions as well as airline rulings apply.
- All discounts and/or special offers have already been included in the package price.
- Rebooking and cancellation fees apply.
- Errors and Omissions Excepted.
Prices correct as at 11 July 2018
About Massinga Beach Resort
In the Inhambane Province of Mozambique, Massinga Beach sits above a stretch of endless, remarkably private beach overlooking the azure Indian Ocean. Far from the madding crowd and offering barefoot luxury, the Lodge caters for honeymooners, divers, fishermen and families.
A Beach Bar and pool nestled right at the edge of the warm sea provide comfort, snacks and drinks to sun-lovers. Nearby the boulders that have been artistically chiselled by the elements provide a unique feature and shade for secluded picnics.
Comfort is a priority in the Ocean Front Deluxe rooms that open onto an intimate deck and splash pool from which to absorb the 180°view of the coastline. The Ocean View Junior Suites, also with unimpeded views of the sea, are designed with families in mind.
Beach Weddings in this unique setting are an ideal beginning of a perfect marriage; one where your honeymoon begins the moment you say "I do."
Various beach games, kayaking, table tennis and pool table at the beach bar plus snorkelling, rock-fishing and disc golf in the palm groves are available.
In season, you can even view whales frolicking from your own deck whilst sipping exotic cocktails. Later, the night sky lights up and you feel like reaching out to catch the falling stars.
Massinga Beach is accessible by flights to Inhambane. The lodge provides airport transfers whilst self-drive is possible on a good paved road from Maputo to Massinga town where secure parking is provided. The last 14kms is sandy and suitable for 4x4 vehicles only.
Amenities & Services
- Airport Shuttle
- Swimming Pool
- Golf Course
- Double Bed
- Private Bathroom
- Television with satellite channels
- Mini bar
- Electronic Safe
- Individually controlled air conditioning
- Tea and coffee facilities in room
Dining & Bars
The welcoming restaurant at Massinga Beach Lodge overlooks the gently breaking waves of the Indian Ocean. It’s a tough setting to beat, and the perfect place to sit and enjoy the sunsets.
Feast on seafood of every description! Skilfull chefs rely wherever possible on locally sourced ingredients, creating a menu that is both varied and interesting, and catering for every taste. Expect an exotic blend of Mozambique-inspired dishes, fused with subtle European flavors. Fresh crabs, lobster, prawns and fish feature regularly on the menu. All meals at Massinga Beach Resort are included in your accommodation rate. Guests always leave rave reviews about the food! Lunches are often served al fresco, around the pool – but the choice is yours.
For a less formal affair, head down to the beach bar which is fully stocked with frosty cocktails and local Mozambican beer. Choose a delicious wine from the comprehensive wine list; tasty snacks are also available at this popular beach bar.
Please contact the lodge regarding your special dietary requirements and they will do all they can to assist you. Special meal options for children are also available at Massinga. The resident chef will be happy to discuss your individual requirements.
Rooms are equipped with a fully stocked mini bar and tea and coffee station. So you have the freedom to mix a drink on your deck if you can’t make it to the bar!
Entertainment & Sports
- Beach Bar and pool
- Beach games & walks
- Swimming in the warm Indian Ocean (unprotected but shallow and little backwash)
- Surfing (bring your own surfboard)
- Board games; table tennis; darts; pool table; DSTV; DVD selection
- Disk Golf in the palm groves - 9 hole par 3 course
- Body Massage and relaxation therapy in the privacy of the bedroom deck
- Stargazing – telescope is provided on the Leisure Centre deck
- Snorkelling at Fingers accessible on foot or excursion with picnic
- Surf Fishing at nearby Fingers
- Sea safari (Duration 2 ½ to 3 hours) Offered all year round. The boat is a super duck; easy to get on and off. Possible sightings include whales, whale shark, dolphins and manta rays, depending on the season. After the safari, a stop-off with a snorkel with guide is offered.
- Whale Sharks - Generally all year round, but mainly in summer.
- Turtles - Hawks Beak, Green and Logger Head. All year round. Lay eggs in November & December with hatchlings coming out in March to April.
- Humpback Whales -Heading North with calves to feed in the nutrient rich Mozambique Channel around October and head South in May/June.
- Manta’s - All year round, but also mainly summer months.