Highlights of Sri Lanka Tour, Sri Lanka
The above price includes:
- Rates are based on per person sharing and are an indication of costs
- Return economy class flights from Johannesburg to Sri Lanka
- Current airport taxes
- Return resort transfers
- 6 nights accommodation in 4* Hotel
- In a shared twin / Double room
- Breakfast daily(BB)
- Added values:
- Air-conditioned transportation with English speaking guide
- Entry into monuments
- All taxes and levies (estimated)
Honeymoon gifts and offers included in your package:
- Please inquire about our honeymoon offers and gifts which vary from season to season
The above price excludes:
- Passport & visa costs (if applicable), travel insurance & items of a personal nature are not included.
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Early check-in and late check-out
Airfare surcharges and conditions:
- A peak season supplement applies for travel
The Small print:
- This price serves as a guideline only and rates are based on per person sharing
- These promotions are valid for the Southern African Development Community (SADC) residents only. Proof of a valid ID or Passport is required when booking.
- Passengers have to travel within 12 months of celebrating their wedding. Your marriage certificate is required at the time of checking in at the hotel.
- As this is an estimate only, no reservations have been made and all services are subject to availability at time of booking.
- Prices are calculated based on the actual rate of exchange on the day and are subject to change without prior notice due to seasonal adjustments, airfare increases, currency fluctuations, flight and accommodation availability.
- Please contact us for an accurate price once you are ready to plan and book your holiday.
- All services are subject to our standard terms and conditions as well as airline rulings apply.
- All discounts and/or special offers have already been included in the package price.
- Rebooking and cancellation fees apply.
- Errors and Omissions Excepted.
Prices correct as at 30 October 2018
About Highlights of Sri Lanka Tour
DAY 1: ARRIVAL
You are met and assisted on arrival at the airport. Transfer from Airport to Colombo – approximately 1 hour. Explore Colombo at your leisure. Overnight in Colombo.
DAY 2: COLOMBO – PINNAWALA – DAMBULLA / KANDALAMA
After breakfast at the hotel, transfer to Pinnawala – approximately 2.5 hours. As you enter the 25-acre coconut property, you can visit the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage and watch them feed and take a river bath. Next – transfer to Dambulla to visit the iconic Dambulla Rock Temple. This houses some of the most unique drawings in 5 magnificently constructed cave temples that shelter 150 statues of Lord Buddha, including a gigantic Buddha statue. Overnight in Dambulla.
Day 3: DAMBULLA – SIGIRIYA – POLONNARUWA – DAMBULLA
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to Sigiriya and visit the 5th century rock citadel of King Kasyapa and World Heritage Site. Surrounded by ramparts & moats the Lion Rock – resembling the mythological ‘City of Gods’ – is coated by frescoes that relate to Gupta style paintings found in the Ajanta caves of India. Next visit the city of Polonnaruwa – the medieval capital & crown jewel of King Parakramabahu I. Walk across the scattered walls of the World Heritage Site – blessed by stupas, resting Buddha statues, irrigation canals and fantastically carved Hindu sculptures – while observing the relic house – Watadage – which boasts beautiful stone carvings. Return to Dambulla for an overnight stay there.
DAY 4: DAMBULLA / KANDALAMA – MATALE – KANDY
After breakfast – transfer to Matale, an agricultural zone in the Central Province with its abundant crops of tea, rubber, vegetables and spices. Stop by the side of a spice garden – and observe the therapeutic values of spices over a refreshing cup of herbal tea! Next stop is Kandy. This World Heritage Site, before it was brought under the British rule in 1815, was the last royal capital of Sri Lankan kings. Visit the temple of the sacred tooth relic of Lord Buddha. Explore the Kandy City Centre with its bazaars, an arts & crafts center, as well as a gem museum. End off the day with a cultural show, showcasing the rich and vibrant culture of Sri Lanka. Overnight in Kandy.
DAY 5: KANDY – via highway – HIKKADUWA
After breakfast, head for Hikkaduwa. Enjoy a day on one of the many beaches for some snorkelling or a ride in a glass-bottomed boat. Overnight in Hikkaduwa.
DAY 6: HIKKADUWA – WELIGAMA – GALLE – HIKKADUWA
Transfer to the small fishing town of Weligama after breakfast. Watch carefully how ‘stilt-fishermen’ have excelled in their particular fishing skills and explore the town. Transfer to Galle, a town with its Dutch influences. Visit its fort and lighthouse and stroll around the town exploring. Transfer back to Hikkaduwa where you will stay the night again.
DAY 7: HIKKADUWA – via highway – AIRPORT – COLOMBO
After breakfast – transfer to the airport for your flight home.
Amenities & Services
- Swimming Pool
- Double Bed
- Private Bathroom