Sri Lanka Tour, Sri Lanka
|* Departing from Johannesburg including current airport taxes|
|Room Category||Nights||Basis||Price||Valid||Ref No|
|Standard room||7||BB||R30,832||01 Feb - 28 Feb '19||TH2250507||Show Description||Enquire Now|
The above price includes:
- Rates are based on per person sharing and are an indication of costs
- Return economy class flights from Johannesburg to Colombo
- Current airport taxes
- Return airport to hotel transfers
- 7 nights accommodation 4* Hotel
- In a room category indicated
- Breakfast daily (BB)
- Added Values:
- Transportation by an air-conditioned vehicle
- All taxes; levies and surcharges (estimate)
Honeymoon gifts and offers included in your package:
- Please inquire about our honeymoon offers and gifts which vary from season to season
- 1 bottle of wine in the room on arrival.
- 1 Candlelight dinner in one of the hotels
- 1 Seafood barbeque on the beach
- 1 Couple massage in a good Spa retreat
The above price excludes:
- Gratuities for guides
- All other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Optional tours
- Travel Insurance
- Meals not specified
- Items of a personal nature
- Visa (Entry Visa Fees, please visit www.eta.gov.lk for more details / submit your individual visa application)
The small print:
- This price serves as a guideline only and rates are based on per person sharing
- These promotions are valid for the Southern African Development Community (SADC) residents only. Proof of a valid ID or Passport is required when booking.
- Passengers have to travel within 12 months of celebrating their wedding. Your marriage certificate is required at the time of checking in at the hotel.
- As this is an estimate only, no reservations have been made and all services are subject to availability at time of booking.
- Prices are calculated based on the actual rate of exchange on the day and are subject to change without prior notice due to seasonal adjustments, airfare increases, currency fluctuations, flight and accommodation availability.
- Please contact us for an accurate price once you are ready to plan and book your holiday.
- All services are subject to our standard terms and conditions as well as airline rulings apply.
- All discounts and/or special offers have already been included in the package price.
- Rebooking and cancellation fees apply.
- Errors and Omissions Excepted.
Prices correct as at 30 October 2018
About Sri Lanka Tour
DAY 01 - ARRIVAL TRANSFER / COLOMBO
Meet & Assist on arrival by Thompsons Holidays Representative and transfer from Airport to Colombo.
Enjoy a city tour of Colombo, which is the largest city and former administrative capital of Sri Lanka and is a busy and vibrant city with a mixture of modern life and remnants of a bygone colonial era. Due to its large harbour and its strategic position along the East-West sea trade routes, ancient traders knew Colombo 2,000 years ago. However, it was only made the Capital of the island when Sri Lanka was ceded to the British Empire in 1815. The main city is home to a majority of Sri Lanka's corporate offices, restaurants and entertainment venues. On this tour, you will visit many of the historical, religious and commercial sites of Colombo including the historic and bustling Fort and Pettah, the elite residential Cinnamon Gardens, the Galle face Green, Viharamahadevi Park and much more.
Check-in at the hotel. Overnight stay at the Hotel.
DAY 02 - COLOMBO / PINNAWALA (BY SURFACE- 105 KMS / 03 HRS) PINNAWALA/DAMBULLA (BY SURFACE- 95 KMS / 2.5 HRS)
Breakfast at Hotel. Travel to Pinnawala to visit the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage. App. 55 miles from Colombo, of the Colombo - Kandy road is Pinnawala, where an orphanage was started in 1975 to house the abandoned and the wounded elephants. The number of elephants has increased to more than 65 now, including Baby Elephants brought from various parts, as well as some of the more than 25 babies born because of the captive breeding programme. The best time to visit is the feeding time and the bathing time when all the elephants are taken to the river close by.
Proceed and check-in at the hotel. Overnight stay at the Hotel.
DAY 03 - DAMBULLA/ SIGIRIYA (BY SURFACE- 08 KMS / 1 and 30 HRS) SIGIRIYA/POLONNARUWA (BY SURFACE- 55 KMS / 02 HRS) POLONNARUWA/DAMBULLA (BY SURFACE- 55 KMS / 02 HRS)
Breakfast at Hotel and leave to Sigiriya to climb the rock fortress.
Sigiriya is a World Heritage Site and the 5th Century Fortress in the Sky, which is perhaps the most fantastic single wonder of the Island. It is also known as Lion Rock because of the huge lion that used to stand at the entrance to the Palace on the summit of the 600-foot high rock. On its summit are the foundations of the Royal Palace, Water Tanks to supply water and all other buildings and at the edges the guardhouses. On one of the stairways, the only known ancient work of Sinhala secular painting survived in the form of Frescoes of 21 life-sized damsels still shining in their original colours. The Water Gardens, Fountain Garden, Summerhouses, Boulder Gardens and the Caves within the enclosed area should not be missed.
Proceed to Polonnaruwa.
The second most ancient kingdom of Sri Lanka is an interesting mix of Buddhist and Hindu structures that are a testament to the different kings who reigned over this ancient kingdom. Polonnaruwa rose to prominence between the 11th and 13th centuries and thrived during the reign of the famous monarch, King Parakramabahu I, who did much to create a resplendent city. His greatest achievement was the construction of the sea of Parakrama, a huge water reservoir spanning an area of 6280 acres. The ruins at Polonnaruwa are within walking distance and many of them set in tree-shaded areas, a welcome refuge from the tropical sun. This ancient city is one of the best-planned archaeological relic sites in the country, standing testimony to the discipline and greatness of the Kingdom's first rulers. Duran, Duran used Polonnaruwa as a backdrop to their music video 'Save a Prayer' in 1982. Overnight stay at the Hotel.
DAY 04 - DAMBULLA / MATALE (BY SURFACE- 65 KMS / 02 HRS) MATALE /KANDY (BY SURFACE- 30 KMS / 1.5 HRS)
After breakfast, proceed to Kandy. Visit a spice garden en route en route. Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Kandy, which is a UNESCO world heritage site. Sri Lankan as Kanda Uda Rata, which means the hill country, knew the historic city about 480 m above sea level surrounded by mountains. Kandy was home to Sri Lanka's last independent Kingdom, which survived two centuries of colonial incursion before finally falling to the British at the beginning of the nineteenth century. Visit the Temple of the tooth, The Royal Botanical Gardens, the Peradeniya University campus and catch a panoramic view of the picturesque town from Upper Lake Drive. Kandy Gem Museum visit.
Evening enjoys a Kandyan dance performance. The Kandyan dance has become most distinctively Sinhalese and is readily associated with the idea of a National Dance. This development can be explained by the fact that the Kandyan Kingdom was the last of the Sinhala kingdoms to fall under foreign rule (1815).Check-in at the hotel and spend the rest of the day at leisure.
Overnight stay at the Hotel.
DAY 05 - KANDY / NUWARA ELIYA (BY SURFACE- 80 KMS / 2.5 HRS)
Breakfast at Hotel.
Transfer from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya.
The Little England of Sri Lanka is set against beautiful backdrops of Mountains, Valleys, Waterfalls and Tea Plantations. It is supposed to be one of the coolest places in the Island, but it is really just like an English spring day, although the temperature does drop at night. All around Nuwara Eliya, you will see evidence of the British influence, houses like country cottages or Queen Ann style mansions. The Victoria Park, in the middle of the town, is a lovely place for a stroll or a picnic and is good for Birding as you get some rare birds in this Park. Seasons may be absent elsewhere in Sri Lanka, but here you can read them by the flowers, which bloom in the spring (March to May) and the fall (August and September). These are the seasons when low-country folk flock to Nuwara Eliya to escape the sea level heat and humidity. Check in at Hotel and overnight stay the hotel.
DAY 06 - NUWARA ELIYA/WASKADUWA (BY SURFACE- 105 KMS / 03 HRS)
Breakfast at Hotel.
Travel to Waskaduwa and check-in at the hotel. Overnight stay at the hotel.
DAY 07 - WASKADUWA
Breakfast at the hotel.
Spend the day at leisure. (Vehicle at disposal for 80KM)
DAY 08 - WASKADUWA / COLOMBO - (COLOMBO - DEPARTURE)
Breakfast at Hotel. Proceed to Airport for departure.
End of Tour
Amenities & Services
- Airport Shuttle
- Swimming Pool
- Double Bed
- Private Bathroom
- Mini bar
- Room Service
- Tea and coffee facilities in room