The Sands at Chale Island, Kenya
|* Departing from Johannesburg, including current taxes of R4,699|
|Room Category||Nights||Basis||Price||Valid||Ref No|
|Standard room||7||HB||R16,249||01 Sep - 31 Oct '17||eXp2107||Show Description||Enquire Now|
|Standard room||7||AI||R20,243||01 Sep - 31 Oct '17||eXp2107||Show Description||Enquire Now|
|Standard room||7||HB||R17,784||01 Nov - 31 Dec '17||eXp2107||Show Description||Enquire Now|
|Standard room||7||AI||R23,416||01 Nov - 31 Dec '17||eXp2107||Show Description||Enquire Now|
The above price includes:
- Rates based on per person sharing - Price quoted is based on a cash (EFT) discounted price. For any other means of payment contact us for an updated price.
- Return economy airfares with Kenya Airways from Johannesburg to Mombasa airport
- Including current airport taxes of R4,699
- Return transfer from airport to the hotel
- 7 Nights accommodation at 4* The Sands at Chale Island
- In a Standard Room
- Choose from Half Board (HB) or All Inclusive (AI)
Honeymoon gifts and offers included in your package:
- Honeymoon gifts and offers as per resort.
The above price excludes:
- Items of a personal nature
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Visa (Free on arrival for South Africans)
- Early check-in and late check-out
- Consulting / Travel Assist fee of R228
- Entry visa to Kenya (SA passport DO NOT require a visa for Kenya)
- Yellow fever inoculation for Kenya (+/- R550-00)
- Travel Insurance (Highly recommended)
- Meals & Beverages not specified
The Small Print
- Additonal rates from other departure cities are available on request.
- Rebooking and cancellations fees apply.
- Peak season surcharges and block out dates may apply
- Standard terms and conditions apply.
- All prices quoted are ex Johannesburg and are to be used as a guide only. Please contact us for an accurate price once you are ready to plan and book your holiday.
- Prices are subject to availability, holiday season surcharges, currency fluctuations and actual airfares available at time of booking.
- Prices quoted are per person sharing and include accommodation and meals as specified, airport transfers and airfares with taxes. (BB=Breakfast, HB=Breakfast and dinner, AI=all meals and selected drinks).
- Webtours terms & conditions apply. E&OE
Prices correct as at 21 Jul '17
About The Sands at Chale Island
Specifically built with nature and the environment in mind, The Sands at Chale Island is one of the most low impact hotels in Kenya.
Spread out to offer the utmost in privacy and romance, even when at full capacity one has a tremendous feeling of peace, tranquility and seclusion.
The combination of white beach, tropical plants, laid back island flair and Kenyan hospitality is what dreams are made of.
Every effort has been made to keep the natural vegetation of the Island intact.
All gardens and imported plants are carefully integrated into the Island’s original flora with an aim at increasing the indigenous wildlife.
Chale Island is a contemporary mix of Swahili structures, Italian stucco, Lamu furniture, objects of African art and varnished Mahogany.
Great care has been taken not only to preserve the natural environment of the island, but also to give a truly Kenyan feel by only using natural Kenyan products.
All buildings are constructed with locally quarried coral blocks and are roofed with high, palm leaf “Makuti” thatch. Internal walls are finished with Kenyan made Italian “stucco Venezziano” in hues of pale pink and blue.
The aim was and is “the buildings should be elegant but not luxurious, blending into the natural environment and reflecting the traditional architecture with a minimum four star standard”.
Amenities & Services
- Airport Shuttle
- Swimming Pool
- Internet Access
- Double Bed
- Private Bathroom
- Television with satellite channels
- Mini bar
- Electronic Safe
- Individually controlled air conditioning
- Tea and coffee facilities in room
The Sands at Chale Island offers six categories of accommodation to suit all tastes and demands, while always fulfilling the philosophy of “the buildings should be elegant but not luxurious, blending into the natural environment and reflecting the traditional architecture with a minimum four star standard”
All rooms are fully air-conditioned.
In an effort to reduce our carbon footprint as much as possible the main generator is turned off from 10:30 until 18:30. During this time there is no power available in the rooms, however the central public area of the Hotel is powered by a smaller generator.
Carefully set into the natural environment, the main buildings with 28 spacious semi-circular en-suite rooms and Swahili day beds set on breezy verandas facing the ocean ensure all comforts are taken care of.
The Bandas (Swahili: small house) offer a unique and truly coastal holiday.
All Bandas have high, palm thatch roofs with views either out to sea, over the beach, or panoramas encompassing lagoon, channel, mangroves and the setting sun over the Shimba Hills. Sun beds set on private front lawns and large verandas with Swahili day beds give relaxing views.
Set well above the swaying treetops these suites offer breathtaking views of both ocean and island.
Featuring a separate sitting room, a veranda with a stunning 270 degree view of the ocean and an upstairs grotto with a Jacuzzi on the roof facing the sunset, the penthouse suites will give you the ultimate all round island view.
A first of their kind in Kenya, the Water Bandas are located on the northwest of the island with stunning views of Bird Island, Gazi Bay and, in the distant sunset, the Shimba Hills.
The suite has a large bedroom with an en-suite bathroom which looks out over the channel and a separate sitting room.
Suite on the rocks (Honeymoon Suite) :
Not only a honeymooners dream, everyone’s dream!
Situated on a separate islet connected to the main Island by a stone bridge, a thatched roof soars high above the circular construction, then plunges down in the middle allowing rainwater to fall directly into a mini garden in the center of the room. A circular stairway leads one around an intricately crafted wall garden to an upstairs lounge, while the front veranda overlooks a private Jacuzzi on the cliff face and sunbathing deck.
Extravagant opulence at its peak
Dining & Bars
A blend of traditional Kenyan cuisine with a healthy twist of Italian panache and a hint of the Orient ensure that each meal is an event to be looked forwards to and enjoyed.
This, coupled to an extensive international beverage menu with a local taste of the exotic, and a well stocked wine cellar will complete your dream holiday.
With a selection of bars and restaurants to choose from, let us indulge you to the full.
With steps leading straight down to the center of the beach, the main restaurant is ideally situated to give the true island feeling.
Our expert team of highly trained cooks lead by Chef Evans will make sure that every meal is a pleasure.
With a strong emphasis on seafood, the live grilling station and Pasta corner ensure that your meal cannot be any fresher.
Traditional Kenyan cuisine, mixed with both Italian and Oriental dishes, will not leave you wanting in any aspect.
Our friendly staff are at hand to serve Espressos, cold drinks, cocktails and a wide variety of wines and spirits at our bars.
Nestled between the Reception and the Restaurant is the Main Bar, always open.
The Galana pool bar is located by the Standard Rooms in unique tranquillity with stunning ocean vistas … Champagne always tastes better with a view of the ocean!
An essential part of the Chale Island day, offering a stunning selection of tea while one quietly contemplates the passing of Island life, and the daily pleasures afforded by nature.
Entertainment & Sports
Unlike most other island destinations, Chale Island has something to offer everyone.
Normal island activities available include a magical SPA, a well equipped watersports center and a selection of boat excursions.
From Chale Island we can also offer you trips to Diani Beach Shopping Center and the famous Nomad Beach Bar, or for the more adventurous a wide range of safaris.
- Watersports, offered from Diving the Crab include:
- Beach snorkeling,
- Boat snorkeling,
- Glass bottom boat,
- Game fishing (half and full day),
- Local Catamaran sailing.
- Spa & Fitness
- Various excursions