Melia Zanzibar, Zanzibar
The above price includes:
- Prices are based on per person sharing
- Return direct economy class flights from Johannesburg to Zanzibar
- Operating on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays only
- Routing: JNB: ZNZ: JNB
- Current airport taxes
- Return airport to hotel transfers (seat in coach)
- 7 nights accommodation @ the 5* Melia Zanzibar
- In a Garden room
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, as well as selected drinks (AI)
- Added Values:
- Use of fitness centre and gym
- Shuttle service to Gabi Beach
- Evening entertainment
- Free WiFi
- Kayaks at Gabi Beach
- All Zanzibar taxes; levies and surcharges (estimated)
Honeymoon gifts & offers:
- As per resort
- Romantic turndown during stay
The above price excludes:
- Passport & visa costs (if applicable), travel insurance & items of a personal nature are not included.
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Early check-in and late check-out
- Just Honeymoons Consulting / Travel Assist fee of R228
Airfare surcharges and conditions:
- This fare level is determined by Mango’s yield management of their seats and is not a set fare level but rather subject to the load factor booked on a specific date.
- A peak season supplement applies for travel 01 - 25 July, 30 September - 10 October and 12 December 2018 - 19 January 2019
The Small print:
- These promotions are valid for Southern African Development Community (SADC) residents only. Proof of a valid ID or Passport is required when booking.
- All prices are per person sharing unless otherwise specified.
- Passengers have to travel within 12 months of celebrating their wedding. Your marriage certificate is required at time of checking in at the hotel.
- As this is an estimate only, no reservations have been made and all services are subject to availability at time of booking. Prices are calculated based on the actual rate of exchange on the day and are subject to change without prior notice due to seasonal adjustments, airfare increases, currency fluctuations, flight and accommodation availability. Please contact us for an accurate price once you are ready to plan and book your holiday.
- All services are subject to our standard terms and conditions as well as airline rulings apply.
- All discounts and/or special offers have already been included in the package price.
- Rebooking and cancellation fees apply.
- Errors and Omissions Excepted.
Prices correct as at 20 June 2018
About Melia Zanzibar
Meliá Zanzibar is a luxury beach all-inclusive resort situated on the north-east coast of the exotic island of Zanzibar, in Tanzania, also known as the “Spice Island”.
Meliá Zanzibar is built on a 40-acre estate with a beautiful beach of pearlescent white sand lapped by warm ocean waters, 300 meters long, situated at the very end of the property to procure the perfect combination with nature.
The resort is ringed by a natural coral reef, making bathing a relaxing and safe experience.
The hotel is around 45 minutes from the international airport of Zanzibar, and the capital city Stone Town, a Unesco World Heritage site.
Amenities & Services
- Airport Shuttle
- Swimming Pool
- Internet Access
- Double Bed
- Private Bathroom
- Television with satellite channels
- Mini bar
- Electronic Safe
- Individually controlled air conditioning
- Room Service
- Tea and coffee facilities in room
Melia room with Terrace- Partial sea view:
Standard spacious room with partial view to the magnificent Indian Ocean situated on the first floor with an exclusive private balcony. Enjoy the outdoor tropical shower. Measuring 50 m2
Romance ocean front pavilion:
7 Exquisite rooms directly located on top of the hotel’s Cliff directly in the Indian ocean with the most amazing ocean front views. The perfect choice for Honeymooners seeking a Romantic and unforgettable stay. Design with different coconut tree wood sizes and shapes with the typical “Makuti” roof (Made and braid with the dry leaves from the Coconut trees itself).
Melia Garden room:
Consisting of oversized room featuring a separate living room with dining table situated on the first floor with partial views of the magnificent Indian ocean. Outdoor tropical shower. Enjoy the All-inclusive Premium package plus the exclusive The Level service. Measuring 117 m2
1 Bedroom Villa:
Our Exclusive Villas feature breathtaking private pool, fully furnished terrace with sun beds and tropical gardens. Enjoy the All-inclusive Premium package plus the exclusive The Level service. The villa spans 160 m2, in addition to 240 m2 of gardens and a private swimming pool.
2 Bedroom Villa:
Two complete bedrooms with two complete bathrooms, Features separate living room with dining table, kitchen, outdoor tropical shower, breathtaking private infinity pool, fully furnished terrace with sun beds and an amazing view of the Indian ocean. Enjoy the All-inclusive Premium package plus the exclusive The Level service. The villa spans 244 m2, in addition to 300 m2 of gardens and a private swimming pool.
3 Bedroom Villa:
Three complete bedrooms with three full bathrooms. Features separate living room with dining table, kitchen, breathtaking private infinity pool, fully furnished terrace with sun beds and an amazing ocean view of the Indian Ocean. Enjoy the All-inclusive Premium package plus the exclusive The Level service. The villa spans 270 m2, in addition to 1220 m2 of gardens and a private swimming pool.
All rooms feature:
Dining & Bars
Modelled after the traditional spice market found in Stone Town, the restaurant offers a relaxed dining experience that features an international mixture of cuisines with a distinct Arabian and African influence in buffet style.
With 3 spectacular open show cooking islands. The restaurant spills out onto a beautiful terrace sheltered by island trees that allow for “al fresco” dining and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our Chefs from all around the world will prepare surprising theme evenings for you to have a great culinary experience.
One of the landmarks at the Melia Zanzibar is the beautiful Jetty that transports you out into the Indian Ocean. At the end of your walk, you will discover the Jetty Bar and Restaurant ready to welcome you for pre and after dinner drinks and snacks. A journey through International cuisine with small portions from different countries will surprise you.
Perched on the Cliffside overlooking the magnificent Indian Ocean, Aqua prides itself on its excellent a la carte menu with a definite Mediterranean influence touched by African colours. Included only for Premium or The Level guests. Fine dining restaurant
As relaxed as it sounds, the pool bar & restaurant is located alongside the main infinity pool and is a perfect venue for light meals, sandwiches and snacks. The pool bar offers an extensive menu of cocktails, beers and other beverages.
The Library Bar is close to the Lobby, with air-conditioned and perfect for pre and after dinner drinks, or just reading your newspaper in a quiet atmosphere comfortably seated on one of the sofas. As well different kind of cigars can be available ($).
Entertainment & Sports
Stonetown City Tour:
Come and join our experienced guides as they show you the historic charms of old Stone Town. Please do not hesitate to consult your guide prior to departure to tailor-make a tour in order to optimise your day. Our flexible tour incorporates a visit to the Town market, Slave Market and Slave Chambers, National Museum, House of Wonders, Old Fort, Sultan's Palace, Livingstone House and much more.
This private tour is recommended to do either in morning or in the afternoon where you can enjoy the magnificent sunset.
Jozani Forest boasts a rich diversity of native wildlife, including swamp forest, evergreen thicket and mangrove. Red Colobus and Sykes Monkeys can be seen frolicking amongst the exotic indigenous flora. Spend a day wandering through the forest and discover its hidden secrets.
Morning excursion recommended as you can commonly spot more monkeys!
Deep Sea Fishing:
Zanzibar is home to some of Africa's best deep sea fishing grounds. An excellent year-round game fishing can be found between the waters of Zanzibar and Pemba Island. Big Yellow Fin Tuna, Sailfish, Blue Marlin and Striped and Black Marlin are plentiful.
Fishing boats are operated by professionals and equipped with the latest technology and conform to the highest international safety standards.
Prison Island takes approximately 30 minutes to get there by boat. The prison on this island was built in 1893, which was later used as a quarantine Hospital. It has a frangipani lined path around the island where the former patients took their evening walks. Apart from the prison ruins, you can also see the beautiful peacocks and the enormous giant tortoises, some of which are over a 100 years old. On this little paradise one can also swim, snorkel, sunbathe or just relax and enjoy the peacefulness that this beautiful island has to offer.
Half day trip! Recommended going to see the sunset in the afternoon! Don’t miss this beautiful experience!
Our Spice Tour offers you the opportunity to indulge your senses with a kaleidoscope of smells, tastes and textures. From the punch of the chilli to the refreshing succulence if green coconut flesh. It also provides you with the unique chance to purchase those exclusive spices straight from the source.
Indeed, no trip to Zanzibar is complete without a visit to one of our carefully selected Spice Farms.
Sunset Dhow Cruise:
The whole experience is about sunset, stars and romance! Let the evening breeze carry you into the spirit of the night.
Music takes over, the sounds of Taarab, songs of love and loss, on violin and oud, as your personal Butler serves canapés and keeps your glass topped up with your choice of beers, wine, cocktails, or sodas. This all encourages you to sink back into the cushions and enjoy the romance of Africa while watching the scenery drift by.
Sunset cruise is available depending on the weather. Don’t miss a spectacular mix of colours, viewed from a calm ocean breeze!
During your stay in Zanzibar, you have the opportunity to experience the wildlife and nature and go on a luxurious short safari, from 1 to 3 nights, in one of the different National Parks in Tanzania. LUXURY SHORT SAFARI will organise the safari of your dreams, including all the services you need to fully enjoy the experience.
4 Wheels Quad Adventure:
This half-day guided tour will take you around the natural beauties of Zanzibar.
Driving almost on a dirt road and crossing wild palm groves, tropical fruit plantations and paddy fields, we will reach traditional villages and visit the typical houses made by palm leaves. A unique experience for the adventure and nature lovers…