Dongwe Ocean View, Zanzibar
|* Departing from Johannesburg including current airport taxes from R1,200|
|Room Category||Nights||Basis||Price||Valid||Ref No|
|Deluxe||7||HB||R16,265||14 Jan - 31 Mar||#7271||Show Description||Enquire Now|
|Deluxe||7||HB||R12,345||01 Apr - 30 Jun||#7889||Show Description||Enquire Now|
|Deluxe||7||HB||R17,995||01 Jul - 31 Aug||#7890||Show Description||Enquire Now|
|Deluxe||7||HB||R16,265||01 Sep - 19 Dec||#7891||Show Description||Enquire Now|
The above price includes:
- Prices are based on per person sharing
- Return economy class flights from Johannesburg to Zanzibar on the services of Mango
- Operating on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays only
- Routing: JNB: ZNZ: JNB
- Current airport taxes of approx
- Return airport to hotel transfers
- 7 nights accommodation @ the 3* Dongwe Ocean View
- In a Deluxe room
- Breakfast and Dinner daily (HB)
- All Zanzibar taxes; levies and surcharges (estimated)
Honeymoon gifts included in your package:
- Fruit and sparkling wine in room from the resort
- Private dinner on the beach, organised by the resort
- one free yoga lesson for the couple
- Possibility of room upgrade on check-in (subject to availability)
- 20% discount at The Rock Restaurant
The above price excludes:
- Passport & visa costs (if applicable), travel insurance & items of a personal nature are not included.
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Early check-in and late check-out
- Just Honeymoons Consulting / Travel Assist fee of R228
Airfare surcharges and conditions:
- This fare level is determined by Mango’s yield management of their seats and is not a set fare level but rather subject to the load factor booked on a specific date.
- A peak season supplement applies for travel 28 March - 30 April, 01 - 25 July, 30 September - 10 October and 12 December 2018 - 19 January 2019
The Small print:
- These promotions are valid for Southern African Development Community (SADC) residents only. Proof of a valid ID or Passport is required when booking.
- All prices are per person sharing unless otherwise specified.
- Passengers have to travel within 12 months of celebrating their wedding. Your marriage certificate is required at time of checking in at the hotel.
- As this is an estimate only, no reservations have been made and all services are subject to availability at time of booking. Prices are calculated based on the actual rate of exchange on the day and are subject to change without prior notice due to seasonal adjustments, airfare increases, currency fluctuations, flight and accommodation availability. Please contact us for an accurate price once you are ready to plan and book your holiday.
- All services are subject to our standard terms and conditions as well as airline rulings apply.
- All discounts and/or special offers have already been included in the package price.
- Rebooking and cancellation fees apply.
- Errors and Omissions Excepted.
Prices correct as at 10 February 2018
About Dongwe Ocean View
This boutique hotel sits amongst the palms in a stunning location right on the most beautiful beach on the island’s south-east coast near Bweju, Paje and the Michamvi peninsular. Two double storey, Mediterranean-influenced sparkling white buildings house the accommodation, there is a central reception area, a pool just a few steps from the sand and a beachfront restaurant and bar. The vibe at Dongwe is definitely relaxed, so leave your shoes in your room and enjoy a barefoot, laid back, true beach holiday.
Amenities & Services
- Swimming Pool
- Internet Access
- Double Bed
- Private Bathroom
- Television with satellite channels
- Mini bar
- Electronic Safe
- Individually controlled air conditioning
- Tea and coffee facilities in room
The resort comprises of 18 rooms in 2 double storey buildings, all with balconies and views of the ocean.
14 Deluxe Rooms
2 Family Rooms
2 Honeymoon Suites
Accommodation is tastefully furnished with wicker and facilities include air conditioning, ceiling fans, mosquito nets, in-room safe, mini fridge on request, hairdryer and bathroom with shower. All balconies have easy chairs for relaxing.
Our airy Honeymoon Suites are a perfect escape for couples and honeymooners ready to indulge in rest, relaxation, and romance. The view speaks for itself, but the suite’s charm and character, including fresh flowers on your bed, only add to your unique experience. Our Honeymoon Suites include amenities such as air conditioning, private en-suite bathrooms with large showers, sizeable beds, mosquito nets, combination safe, and ceiling fans. Mini-fridge is on the request.
We have 14 Double Rooms with panoramic views of the ocean below. Each room has a private balcony with wicker lounge chairs, ideal for relaxing and reading your favourite book while overlooking the Zanzibar sea. All of our vacation double rooms include amenities such as air conditioning, private en-suite bathrooms with large showers, sizeable beds, mosquito nets, combination safe, and ceiling fans. A mini fridge is a request.
Our 2 incredibly spacious family rooms are perfect for your family’s beach holiday and provide a home away from home. Both of our family rooms have a private balcony with wicker furniture, ideal for relaxing and reading your favourite book while overlooking the sea. They include amenities such as air conditioning, private en-suite bathrooms with large showers, sizeable beds, mosquito nets, combination safe, and ceiling fans. Mini-fridge is on the request.
Dining & Bars
Dongwe Ocean View’s core facilities, the Clubhouse, pool area, and restaurant, make our resort stand out among the rest. The Clubhouse is where all of our guest’s every need is met; quality service and delicious cuisine are offered in our open-air dining room, and the stunning swimming pool/deck area creates a great meeting place for new friends or the perfect spot for quiet time with a good book on our wooden sunbeds.
Dongwe Ocean View’s central clubhouse is a welcoming environment that houses the Reception counter, TV lounge, boutique shop, and library. It is here that guests are welcomed with fresh juice upon arrival and are briefed on the various elements of their stay. The lounge is equipped with Wi-Fi and the small library holds an extensive selection of books for guests to enjoy. The boutique shop offers basic amenities for purchase as well as various Zanzibari curios such as clothing made from traditional African Kitenge or Khanga materials.
Pool and Deck:
Our stunning swimming pool is among the resort’s most prominent features. Set within a large wooden deck and surrounded by comfortable Zanzibari sunbeds, the pool makes for a great spot to relax when you’re tired from the day’s beach activities or if your main goal during your stay is to worship the sun, this is the place for you. A spectacular sight when lit up at night, you may also enjoy going for a post-dinner dip.
Restaurant and Bar:
Our open-air restaurant offers a delectable variety of seafood dishes prepared fresh from the local catch, as well as many international cuisine selections. Dongwe Ocean View prides itself on the quality and creativity of our menu, and our friendly, accommodating staff. The location, overlooking the ocean, allows for sundowners in our bar and lounge, or dinner with your feet in the sand, lit by golden sunsets or twinkling stars.
Entertainment & Sports
Beach and Activities:
Whether you’re interested in lounging and soaking in the sun and sea, or more active options such as scuba diving or kite surfing, entertainment awaits in and around Dongwe Ocean View. The natural surroundings provide ample activities for the adventure-seeker or sun-worshipper.
The beach lining Dongwe Ocean View is comprised of pure, white sand and is perfect for swimming or a long walk. Footwear is provided by the resort for swimmers who wish to explore the reef during low tide.
For those looking to go diving, snorkelling, and/or kite surfing, Dongwe Oceanview is in partnership with the local PADI Center, where these activities can be scheduled for guests. The centre is a very short drive from the resort. If you’re interested in exploring the island on your own, we are happy to arrange transportation for you via car, motorbike, or bicycle.