Azura Quilalea Island, Mozambique
|* Prices are based on per person sharing - departing from Johannesburg including current airport taxes|
|Room Category||Nights||Basis||** Price||Valid||Ref No|
|** All prices are from per person sharing|
|Kaskazi Villa||4||AI||R40,570||25 Mar - 30 Jun '19||Mozamgsa||Show Description||Enquire Now|
The above price includes:
- Prices are based on per person sharing and are an indication of costs
- Return economy class flights departing from Johannesburg to Pemba
- Current airport taxes
- Return island transfers by helicopter from Pemba Resort
- 4 nights accommodation at 5* Azura Quilalea
- In a Kaskazi Villa
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, local beers, spirits, house wine, bottled water, tea/coffee & soft drinks (AI)
- Sunset Cocktail of the day
- Added values:
- Mozambique Butler / Host service
- Use of snorkelling equipment & kayaks
- Baobab walking trails
- EVAC Medical Insurance from Pemba
- Mozambique taxes and levies (estimated)
- Passport & visa costs (if applicable), travel insurance & items of a personal nature are not included.
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Early check-in and late check-out
Airfare surcharges and conditions:
- Peak season surcharges and blocked out dates apply.
- Prices are subject to exchange rate fluctuations and airfare or departure tax increases.
- All packages subject to availability. Standard terms and conditions apply. E&OE.
The Small print:
- This price serves as a guideline only and rates are based on per person sharing
- These promotions are valid for the Southern African Development Community (SADC) residents only. Proof of a valid ID or Passport is required when booking.
- Passengers have to travel within 12 months of celebrating their wedding. Your marriage certificate is required at the time of checking in at the hotel.
- As this is an estimate only, no reservations have been made and all services are subject to availability at time of booking.
- Prices are calculated based on the actual rate of exchange on the day and are subject to change without prior notice due to seasonal adjustments, airfare increases, currency fluctuations, flight and accommodation availability.
- Please contact us for an accurate price once you are ready to plan and book your holiday.
- All services are subject to our standard terms and conditions as well as airline rulings apply.
- All discounts and/or special offers have already been included in the package price.
- Rebooking and cancellation fees apply.
- Errors and Omissions Excepted.
Prices correct as at 20 March 2019
About Azura Quilalea Island
Azura at Quilalea is a hidden gem, somewhere to retreat from the hustle and bustle of daily life, with a relaxed and understated ‘Robinson Crusoe’ castaway style that belies the comforts and experiences on offer in the 9 seafront villas.
Azura at Quilalea is the second luxury Indian Ocean Retreat from the Azura Retreats group, the privately owned and managed hotels from Christopher and Stella Bettany, It is bringing Azura’s trademark African-chic style to Quilalea Private Island, a private, wholly uninhabited island paradise surrounded by the pristine waters of the Quirimbas Archipelago marine sanctuary.
Snorkel the island’s shores, dive from the main beach, kayak the mangroves or relax in a hammock beneath the giant baobabs on the island. Quilalea is the ultimate private luxury hideaway in a stunning undiscovered destination, an untouched paradise for the just a discerning few to discover.
Amenities & Services
- Swimming Pool
- Fitness Facilities
- Internet Access
- Double Bed
- Private Bathroom
- Television with satellite channels
- Mini bar
- Individually controlled air conditioning
- Room Service
- Tea and coffee facilities in room
The villas at Azura Quilalea provide you with your own private island castaway home, somewhere to relax, unwind, and forget about the world.
The cliff-top Villa Quilalea offers the most astounding accommodation for a couple in the whole archipelago, with a private plunge pool, feature bathroom & dressing room, an outdoor shower, and its own separate sitting/dining area. A private infinity pool, sitting/dining area, extended decking and relaxation areas. Villa Quilalea additionally has a feature bathroom with free-standing bath and separate dressing room, a romantic draped Kingsize 4 poster bed, and enlarged sitting area. It also has a private infinity pool, sitting, dining area, extended decking and relaxation areas, and a stunningly private location, including ocean access from a cliff top stepladder.
Dining & Bars
Our aim is for you to never eat in the same place twice. At Azura, dining is all part of the experience, from breakfast at the water’s edge, to a picnic on a sandy island, to dining on a candle lit beach beneath the stars. Our hosts take huge pride in their innovative dining set-ups, and little touches to make your stay special.
Our menus are based on what is fresh and available, with a focus on light meals, simple ingredients, and lots of fresh fish and seafood. It’s a simple understated affair. We always offer a choice of dishes, and our chef will happily try to accommodate any personal requests that you may have, although given the remoteness of our location, your understanding is appreciated if something you have a particular craving for is simply unobtainable! The huge Mangrove Crabs are a particular speciality, as well as Crayfish which is available in abundance.
Lunches may be a picnic if you are out enjoying an activity, or informal dining at the pool deck overlooking the parrot fish below. Enjoy sipping our cocktail of the day in a variety of surprise locations, and nothing beats watching sunset from the headland, while the moon rises behind you, with drinks and snacks in hand.
Dinner is always a special event, eaten on the beach by candlelight beneath the stars whenever we can. We offer a variety of special dining options too, including secluded beach picnics or romantic private beach dinners at your villa.
Entertainment & Sports
This is paradise for lovers of marine life, with snorkelling and scuba diving straight off the main beach. With just a few guests on the island at a time, you will be the only people snorkelling and diving here, and as a result the plethora of sealife on view is spectacular.
There are some amazing dive sites in the surrounding waters, with walls and drop offs for the more adventurous. We are lucky enough to have humpback whales from July to November, nesting turtles from November through to April, and pods of dolphins for company in front of your villas year round. There is also kayaking through extensive mangroves on nearby Sencar Island, sailing on traditional Mozambican dhows, and some fantastic deep sea fishing.
Back on land, we offer exclusive picnics and romantic candle-lit beach dinners, island walks to view the giant baobabs, cultural trips to the nearby Ibo Island, and relaxing treatments at our African Spa.
Water Based Activities
With the Indian Ocean on our doorstep, many of our activities and experiences are focused around it. The protected reefs in the Quirimbas Archipelago offer some of the most spectacular snorkelling and diving in the world.
Snorkelling is accessible off the beaches and around most of the island, the sea patrolled by huge potato bass and schools of hunting jacks, and a spectacular house reef for diving is just a short fin kick away from the main beach. This is paradise for lovers of marine life and marine experiences.
You can saltwater fish or big game fish, watch the sunset as you sail on our dhow, picnic in splendid isolation, or cruise to other deserted beaches. Gaze at the dolphins, often spotted from our boats, or track down humpback whales on their seasonal migration past our shores.
This is paradise for lovers of marine life. The protected reefs in the Quirimbas Archipelago offer some of the most spectacular snorkelling and diving in the world. Uniquely in Mozambique, Quilalea has snorkelling and diving right off its beaches and headlands. The sea is patrolled by huge Potato Bass, Napolean Wrasse, and schools of Hunting Jacks.
You can learn to dive at our Padi 5 Star dive centre with all Mares equipment. A full range of instructional courses from discover scuba upwards (Padi MSDT Instructor) is available and Azura has a dedicated watersports centre. The nature reserve offers varied and interesting reefs with several species of turtle, reef sharks, stingrays, devil rays, moray eels, dolphins, grouper amongst others and a wonderful array of reef fish and corals.
Try your hand at fishing, the waters off Azura offer a variety of reef and big game fish for beginners and advanced alike. Some of the world’s best fishing for Marlin, Sailfish and Tuna is done here and Giant Trevally (GT) up to 50kg is a speciality year round. Azura has a fully equipped fishing boat and we have a tag and release policy at Azura on protected species.
Enjoy Quilalea Island from the water while kayaking on the ocean and around the island, the view of the island is totally different seeing it from the water.
Guided kayaking available or opt for a kayaking trip through the mangroves of Sencar Island
A time honoured tradition in African waters, set sail in a traditional Mozambican Dhow sailboat, and watch the sunset as you drift along on the ocean breezes. Time stands still as you sail on a 40 foot traditional dhow as the sun goes down.