Makunundu Island Resort, Maldives
|* Departing from Johannesburg including current airport taxes|
|Room Category||Nights||Basis||Price||Valid||Ref No|
|Deluxe Bungalow||7||AI||R32,730||01 May - 21 Jun '18||PDMK||Show Description||Enquire Now|
The above price includes:
- Prices are based on per sharing
- Return economy flights from Johannesburg
- Current airport taxes of approx R3,970
- Return transfers by speedboat
- 7 nights accommodation at the 4* Makunundu Island, Maldives
- In a Beach Villa
- All meals, selected drinks (All Inclusive)
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, selected cocktails, selected spirits, house wine by the glass during lunch and dinner, soft drinks, tonic water, mineral water, tea and coffee.
- All Maldives taxes; levies and surcharges
Honeymoon offers and gifts
- As per resort
The above price excludes:
- Travel and Medical Insurance
- Items of a personal nature
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Visa on arrival (not required for South Africans)
- Early check-in and late check-out
- Consulting/Travel Assist fee of R228
The Small Print:
- Prices are calculated using heavily discounted airfares with limited availability.The actual fare will be established at time of booking dependent on airline/class available
- This estimate is to be used as a guideline only and the actual costs will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- As this is an estimate only, no reservations have been made and all services are subject to availability.
- Prices are calculated based on the actual rate of exchange on the day and are subject to change.
- All services are subject to our standard terms and conditions as well as airline rulings.
- Errors and Omissions Excepted
Last updated on 31 October 2017
About Makunundu Island Resort
Situated in North Malé Atoll, a 50-minute speedboat ride from Male International Airport, Makunudu Island sweeps you into the warm embrace of an original Maldivian retreat. Where glistening beaches give way to the crystal clear waters of a turquoise lagoon, merging into unending ocean views. Where tranquility seeps soothingly into your soul, and genuine hospitality welcomes you like a friend. A rare haven, beautifully untouched, that even for those who travel the world, retains a special place in the heart. Slip off your shoes, slip into island time…
Amenities & Services
- Swimming Pool
- Private Bathroom
- Mini bar
- Electronic Safe
- Individually controlled air conditioning
- Tea and coffee facilities in room
Crafted in traditional Maldivian style using local woods, stones and a palette of earthy hues, these spacious havens of relaxation blend rustic charm with modern comforts, thoughtful to your needs. Indulge in the pleasure of a garden shower, open to the outdoors yet completely discreet. Bask on your private sun loungers beneath the shade of palms, or under the warm Maldivian sun. Sleep peacefully to the lullaby of lapping waves.
- Air conditioning,
- Ceiling fan,
- Electronic safe,
- Tea & Coffee-making facilities,
- Island-inspired bathroom amenities.
Dining & Bars
From the familiar to the exotic, from east to west, our restaurant Ara Iru, meaning Rising Sun, serves up eclectic flavours to delightevery palette.
Indulge in a celebration of international cuisines in sumptuous buffets of meats, fish and tropical fruits, table-served set menus, and once a week, a sizzling barbecue and a delicious slice of local spice in a magnificent Maldivian buffet dinner. Quench your thirst in the Sand Bar day or night with refreshing drinks and sunset cocktails, cooled by the ocean breeze, making conversation with fellow travellers. For those special occasions, a personally crafted candlelit dinner beneath the stars on the beach, in your bungalow or other private locations is an experience to truly savour.
Entertainment & Sports
Adventure and relaxation abound in and on the clear Maldivian waters, from admiring the stunning coral reefs and rich marine life as you snorkel in our house reef, to trying a free introductory dive or exploring deeper at spectacular nearby dive sites. Other pursuits include windsurfing, waterskiing and a spot of night fishing on a traditional dhoni in the company of local fishermen. Those who only have eyes for each other can turn up the romance with a sunset cruise, or a private champagne lunch on a secluded sandbank, tailored just for two.