Azura Benguerra Island, Mozambique
|* Prices are based on per person sharing - departing from Johannesburg including current airport taxes|
|Room Category||Nights||Basis||** Price||Valid||Ref No|
|** All prices are from per person sharing|
|Beach Villa||4||Al||R31,980||17 May - 30 Jul '19||Mozamgsa||Show Description||Enquire Now|
The above price includes:
- Rates are based on per person sharing and are an indication of costs
- Return economy class flights departing from Johannesburg to Vilanculos on Airlink
- Current airport taxes
- Return island transfers by helicopter from Vilanculos to Benguerra Resort
- 4 nights accommodation at 5* Azura Benguerra
- In a Beach Villa
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner daily
- Selected House Wines, Local Beers and Spirits, bottled water, tea/coffee and soft drinks
- Added Values:
- Use of snorkelling equipment
- Use of kayaks and paddleboards
- Sunset cocktail of the day served to Sala
- Mozambique Sales tax
- Mozambique Host/ Butler Services
- A Land Rover Island drive
- A sunset Dhow Cruise
The above price excludes:
- Passport & visa costs (if applicable), travel insurance & items of a personal nature are not included.
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Early check-in and late check-out
Airfare surcharges and conditions:
- Peak season surcharges and blocked out dates apply.
- Prices are subject to exchange rate fluctuations and airfare or departure tax increases.
- All packages subject to availability. Standard terms and conditions apply. E&OE.
The Small print:
- This price serves as a guideline only and rates are based on per person sharing
- These promotions are valid for the Southern African Development Community (SADC) residents only. Proof of a valid ID or Passport is required when booking.
- Passengers have to travel within 12 months of celebrating their wedding. Your marriage certificate is required at the time of checking in at the hotel.
- As this is an estimate only, no reservations have been made and all services are subject to availability at time of booking.
- Prices are calculated based on the actual rate of exchange on the day and are subject to change without prior notice due to seasonal adjustments, airfare increases, currency fluctuations, flight and accommodation availability.
- Please contact us for an accurate price once you are ready to plan and book your holiday.
- All services are subject to our standard terms and conditions as well as airline rulings apply.
- All discounts and/or special offers have already been included in the package price.
- Rebooking and cancellation fees apply.
- Errors and Omissions Excepted.
Prices correct as at 15 May 2019
About Azura Benguerra Island
Our public areas are open to the beach and sea with amazing vistas across calm blue waters to the Indian Ocean beyond. Furnished with cool contemporary cottons and the textures of Africa, they are open to the breezes, in harmony with nature. Comfortable, simple, spacious and chic.
Wander in and out as you please. Find a quiet corner to read a book, or a place to share the stories of your day with others. Sip the cocktail of the day on the beach with your feet in the sand, or relax in the Star Bar over a game of Bau.
Browse our collection of handcrafted artefacts, designer clothing and jewellery at the Trading Store, including a selection of beachwear by Heidi Klein. The mod cons are there too if you need them, with TV and internet discreetly tucked away in our library.
Our staff are always on hand to look after your every need. Or simply wander off and discover more of what this beautiful island has to offer. It all right there, waiting for you.
Amenities & Services
- Swimming Pool
- Fitness Facilities
- Internet Access
- Double Bed
- Private Bathroom
- Television with satellite channels
- Mini bar
- Individually controlled air conditioning
- Room Service
- Tea and coffee facilities in room
Our handbuilt villas blend modern chic with all that is traditional in Mozambique. The creature comforts you would expect from a luxury boutique resort are there, set off by locally sourced wooden beams and traditional artwork beneath a thatched jekka roof. Each is just footsteps from the beach, yet designed with seclusion in mind. Nestled amidst indigenous gardens, we have created your own sanctuary. A haven of rest and relaxation, where you can feel at one with the environment.
Infinity Beach Villas
Azura has 10 Infinity Beach Villas. They are furnished in afro-contemporary style and look out over a stunning infinity pool towards the beach and sea beyond. They have the best of our beachfront locations.
Luxury Beach Villas
Azura has 3 Luxury Beach Villas, furnished in contemporary style and just steps from the beach.
Azura has 3 Beach Villas, set in a fantastic location at the end of the property close to the Spa, it is wonderfully private and perfect for honeymooners. The Beach Villas are the smallest of our villas, but still offers all of the creature comforts.
Villa Amizade means friendship villa in our native Portuguese. This 2 bedroom en-suite villa is located at the western end of the property, with fantastic views out to sea and towards the setting sun. It is perfect for families or couples requiring more space and facilities. It offers a sitting area with flat screen TV, DVD, Sound Dock and selection of games, opening onto extensive decking, dining and relaxation areas, including a ‘wine bar’. You can opt for a private chef service, available at a supplement. All the normal Azura design touches and finishes. Maximum occupancy 5 people including children.
The Presidential Villa at Azura has been described as one of the best villas anywhere in the Indian Ocean. It has a very secluded private location, some 150m down the beach from main Azura, and comes with its own Butler-host and private chef. Its the beach house of your dreams. The epitome of style and luxury, with its own unique décor, there are 3 en-suite bedrooms, indoor and outdoor bathrooms, a media room, sitting/dining area with ‘wine bar’, and huge infinity pool spanning the front of the villa. It is located just footsteps from the beach at the end of our property to ensure maximum privacy, with a fantastic treehouse to catch the afternoon breezes and panoramic views to Bazaruto Island and the Indian Ocean beyond.
Dining & Bars
Our aim is for you to never eat in the same place twice. At Azura, dining is all part of the experience, from breakfast at the water’s edge, to a picnic on a remote sand island, to dining on a candle lit beach beneath the stars and romantic private dinners at your villa. Our Butler-hosts take huge pride in their innovative dining set-ups, and little touches to make your stay special.
We have a fabulous wine cellar for special wine tasting events and themed dinners, and even offer a selection of the owner’s wines, especially flown in from their Chateau in the Loire Valley, France.
Our menus are based on what is fresh and available, with a focus on light meals, simple ingredients, and lots of fresh fish and seafood. It’s a simple understated affair. We always offer a choice of dishes, and our chef will happily try to accommodate any personal requests that you may have.
Entertainment & Sports
Water Based Activities
With the Indian Ocean on our doorstep, many of our activities and experiences are focused on it. You can snorkel or scuba dive, saltwater fly fish or big game fish, watch the sunset as you sail on our dhow, picnic in splendid isolation, or cruise to deserted beaches to look for pansy shells.
Gaze at the dolphins often spotted from our boats, or track down humpback whales on their seasonal migration past our shores. The offshore reefs are some of the most pristine on the coast of East Africa, and a joy to behold, with a plethora of marine life and amazing coral gardens.
Snorkelling is done at the spectacular Two Mile reef where there are hundreds of species of tropical fish, coral, rays, invertebrates as well as the possibility of seeing one of the various species of turtle that inhabit the national park. Humpback whales are often seen in season (May-Oct) as they pass on their annual migration. When out on the boats sightings of dolphin are common and if you are lucky, the highly endangered gentle giants of the area, the dugong may make an appearance too.
You can learn to dive at our PADI 5 Star dive centre with all new Scubapro equipment. A full range of instructional courses from discover scuba upwards (PADI MSDT Instructor) is available and Azura has a dedicated watersports centre with dive training pool. The archipelago offers varied and interesting reefs with several species of turtle, dolphins, shark, pelagics, moray eels, eagle rays and a wonderful array of reef fish and corals.
Big Game Fishing and Salt Water Fly Fishing
Try your hand at fishing, the waters off Azura offer a variety of reef and big game fish for beginners and advanced alike. Some of the world’s best fishing for Marlin, Sailfish and Tuna is done here and Giant Trevally (GT) up to 50kg is a speciality year round. Azura has a fully equipped fishing boat and we have a tag and release policy at Azura.
Beach picnics are part of the signature activities at Azura. Deserted sandbanks that can only be accessed at low tide or North Point, a remote location on the tip of a sand spit off the top of Benguerra Island are the kind of locations Azura guests can enjoy. Idyllic locations, with bleached white sand that is coated with Pansy shells or sand dollars, and is surrounded by crystal blue turquoise waters.
A time honoured tradition in African waters set sail in a traditional Mozambican Dhow sailboat, and watch the sunset as you drift along on the ocean breezes.