Anantara Medjumbe Private Island, Mozambique
|* Prices are based on per person sharing - departing from Johannesburg including current airport taxes|
|Room Category||Nights||Basis||** Price||Valid||Ref No|
|** All prices are from per person sharing|
|Beach Villa||4||Al||R48,550||17 Jul - 31 Jul '19||Mozamgsa||Show Description||Enquire Now|
The above price includes:
- Rates are based on per person sharing and are an indication of costs
- Return economy class flights departing from Johannesburg to Pemba on Airlink
- Return air transfer between Pemba and Resort
- Airlink daily flights except for Tuesdays and Sundays
- Current airport taxes
- Return island transfers by helicopter from Pemba to Medjumbe
- 4 nights accommodation at 5* Anantara Medjumbe Private Island
- In a Beach Villa
- Breakfast, lunch dinner, house wines, local brand spirits & beer, bottled water, tea/coffee & soft drinks (AI)
- Added Values:
- Fruit platter and bottle of wine on arrival
- One 3 courses romantic dinner for two either on room patio or on the beach
- One snorkelling trip
- All non-motorised watersports
- Mozambique Sales tax
- Please enquire about our honeymoon offers and gifts which vary from season to season
- Passport & visa costs (if applicable), travel insurance & items of a personal nature are not included.
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Early check-in and late check-out
Airfare surcharges and conditions:
- Peak season surcharges and blocked out dates apply.
- Prices are subject to exchange rate fluctuations and airfare or departure tax increases.
- All packages subject to availability. Standard terms and conditions apply. E&OE.
The Small print:
- This price serves as a guideline only and rates are based on per person sharing
- These promotions are valid for the Southern African Development Community (SADC) residents only. Proof of a valid ID or Passport is required when booking.
- Passengers have to travel within 12 months of celebrating their wedding. Your marriage certificate is required at the time of checking in at the hotel.
- As this is an estimate only, no reservations have been made and all services are subject to availability at time of booking.
- Prices are calculated based on the actual rate of exchange on the day and are subject to change without prior notice due to seasonal adjustments, airfare increases, currency fluctuations, flight and accommodation availability.
- Please contact us for an accurate price once you are ready to plan and book your holiday.
- All services are subject to our standard terms and conditions as well as airline rulings apply.
- All discounts and/or special offers have already been included in the package price.
- Rebooking and cancellation fees apply.
- Errors and Omissions Excepted.
Prices correct as at 16 July 2019
About Anantara Medjumbe Private Island
Romantic barefoot luxury on a secluded African island
Idyllically located on a tiny private island in the jewel-like Quirimbas Archipelago off the northern coast of Mozambique, Anantara Medjumbe Island Resort offers a paradise escape that is naturally exclusive. Feel soft powdery sands sifting through your toes as you stroll along a pristine beach lapped by the turquoise Indian Ocean. Drift from a lazy morning by the pool to refresh in the waves, before retreating to Anantara Spa’s intimate beachfront villa to indulge in uniquely sensual therapies. Savour tastes of island life with tantalising local cuisine and seafood plucked fresh from the ocean, or succumb to the finest world flavours, served with extraordinary ocean views.
Beyond the dazzling view, the waters surrounding Medjumbe Island offer an oceanic playground for a wide range of water sports, whale watching boat trips, intimate cruises and remote island picnics. While some of the world’s most undiscovered and impressive coral reefs create surreal underwater diving adventures.
Discover breathtaking serenity, far removed from worldly cares, where total tranquillity is assured at an adults-only hideaway that is perfect for romance, special celebrations, a dream honeymoon or unforgettable anniversary.
Amenities & Services
- Swimming Pool
- Fitness Facilities
- Internet Access
- Double Bed
- Private Bathroom
- Television with satellite channels
- Individually controlled air conditioning
- Room Service
- Tea and coffee facilities in room
Experience rustic luxury in natural harmony with our tropical island and ocean surrounds. A boutique collection of 12 thatched Beach Pool Villas line a postcard perfect beach and reveal panoramic Indian Ocean views, enjoyed from your outdoor deck as you sunbathe, refresh in your plunge pool or doze off in a hammock. Beautifully furnished interiors blend comfortable luxury with Anantara’s signature modern amenities, to offer the ultimate island hideaway.
Beach Pool Villa
Wake up to a view of endless blue stretching as far as the eye can see, and perhaps a cool dip in your personal plunge pool. Spend a lazy morning basking under the African sun or strolling along soft powdery sands and dipping your toes in the azure Indian Ocean. Swing in your hammock, caressed by a tropical breeze and lulled into relaxation by gently breaking waves. In the evenings, unwind with a cocktail in hand, until the stars beckon a sumptuous dinner.
Beach Pool Villas feature:
- 12 villas with direct beach access, overlooking the Indian Ocean
- 1 with twin beds, 3 with queen size beds and 8 with king size beds
- Private outdoor deck with table and chairs, sun loungers, hammock and plunge pool
- Private outdoor shower
- Four poster bed with mosquito net drapes
- En-suite bathroom featuring a separate bathtub and shower
- Tea / coffee facilities
- Mini bar
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fans
- International satellite television
- Hair dryer
- Personal electronic safe
Dining & Bars
At a resort that feels miles away from the rest of the world, our chefs dish up the kind of culinary diversity that promises to satisfy your cravings, while enticing you to try something new and tantalising. From Mozambique’s bold flavours to European classics hailing from Portuguese colonial times, a nod to the finest global fair and flame grilled ocean treasures, dining at Anantara Medjumbe Island serves endless highlights of mouthwatering indulgence.
Each day begins with a breakfast which can be deliciously nutritious or a hearty affair, depending on your mood and preferences. Return for lunch and dinner to choose from a carefully crafted á la carte menu and enjoy the sumptuous three course set menus which change daily for your dining pleasure. Sample local specialties and refined western classics, or let our expert chefs transform the lobster, calamari, fish and mangrove crab, caught fresh by local fishermen, into delectable seafood feasts.
Breakfast: 7:00 am – 10:00 am
Lunch: 12:00 noon – 2:00 pm
Afternoon Tea: 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Dinner: 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Bahari Lounge Bar
Bahari offers one of the most incredible views in the Quirimbas and is open throughout the day and evening so that you can enjoy the evolving ambience. Relax in an open plan layout that allows the ocean breeze to drift in. Sit around low tables, or gather at the bar on high stools to watch our bartender concoct your favourite tipple.
Open from 9:00 am – 12:00 midnight
Entertainment & Sports
A paradise for romantic escapades, ocean thrills and natural treasures both above and below the water, the startling beauty of the Quirimbas Archipelago comes with a sense of extraordinary adventure.
Ascend to our rooftop lounge to snuggle into a sofa or armchair and read a good book from the library. Enjoy an afternoon tea, play games or simply relax as you gaze over the sweeping bay and glorious Indian Ocean.
Take a refreshing dip, float about to your heart’s content and swim energising laps in between sunbathing and reading in the shade. Relax into blissful pool time, in a tranquil setting overlooking the azure Indian Ocean.
Our naturally secluded island of lush tropical landscapes and tidal pools is an ornithologist’s delight for spotting rare bird species, a vast range of Palaeartctic migrants and a variety of waders.
Whale Watching (July to October)
Humpback whales from the Antarctic migrate to the warm tropical waters of the Quirimbas Archipelago between July and October to give birth to their calves, and a few months later these young whales make the long journey back to their Antarctic feeding grounds. Embark on an inspirational boat trip to be greeted by whales swimming peacefully alongside, watching these majestic creatures arching gracefully over the waves.
Set sail aboard our hand crafted dhow sailing boat for a voyage of ocean discovery at the most romantic time of day. See our idyllic island from a unique perspective and marvel as a mesmerising sunset unfolds. Making this cruise even more indulgent, tailored beverages and canapés can be requested for you to savour in a world of your own.
The Quirimbas Archipelago is the perfect place to try a wide range of water sports. Snorkel in a captivating underwater world and go deep sea fishing for prize catches. Water ski, wakeboard, kneeboard and go tubing at exhilarating speed. Glide at a serene pace in a kayak or on a stand up paddle board. Sailing enthusiasts can enjoy Hobie cat excursions.
The clear waters of the Quirimbas Archipelago are warm year round, ranging from 25 - 29 degrees Celsius, with an average visibility of 20 metres reaching as far as 50 metres in summer, creating ideal scuba diving conditions. Explore dazzling reefs that are only accessible from our island, and as we only take out small groups of divers, these reefs remain pristine and healthy for future generations to enjoy. A range of scuba courses cater for beginners and qualified divers looking to take their skills to the next level. While certified divers can book excursions to experience some of the best coral life in the world, with a series of incredible dive sites all within a 15 minute boat ride of our resort.
Discover Sambi Sambi’s large coral mount, which rises to a depth of 3 - 5 metres at the pinnacle and features a 12 metre plateau with sides sloping steeply into the depths of the ocean where large hard coral formations are found, along with large schools of fish, the occasional turtle, as well as small kingfish and dogtooth tuna brought in by the incoming tide. Neptune’s Nursery is a large flat coral reef system made up of finger corals, large table corals and a diversity of reef creatures, including smaller macro marine life such a nudibranches and shrimps, accompanied by plentiful blue spotted stingrays and camouflaged crocodile fish for divers with keen eyes. Large and flat, Brereton’s Reef is home to small coral bommies covered in small fish species such as anthias or goldies, as well as a number of blue spotted stingrays. Most impressive of all, the Edge of Reason features a 15 metre shelf leading to a sheer vertical cliff dropping off into the depths of an abyss. This stunning wall dive is covered in huge gorgonian fans and features small caves. Admire a huge school of giant sweetlips who hang motionless as you swim by, as well as groupers that are sometimes larger than the divers, green turtles, honeycomb and giant morays, ribbon eels, longnose hawkfish and leaf fish.