Karafuu Village Beach Resort and Spa - Pongwe, Zanzibar
|* Departing from Johannesburg including current airport taxes|
|Room Category||Nights||Basis||Price||Valid||Ref No|
|Bondeni||7||AI||R17,850||01 Aug - 31 Aug '18||#7847||Show Description||Enquire Now|
|Bondeni||7||AI||R16,400||01 Sep - 31 Oct '18||#7848||Show Description||Enquire Now|
|Bondeni||7||AI||R32,895||23 Dec '18 - 06 Jan '19||#8536||Show Description||Enquire Now|
The above price includes:
- Prices based on per person sharing
- Return direct flights to Zanzibar from Johannesburg on Mango
- Operating on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays only
- Routing JNB - ZNZ - JNB
- Current airport taxes
- Return resort transfers (seat in coach)
- 7 nights accommodation at the 4* Karafuu Village
- In a Bondeni room
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner daily and selected beverages daily (AI)
- Added Values:
- Free WiFi available throughout the resort
- All Zanzibar taxes; levies and surcharges (estimated)
Honeymoon gifts and offers included in your package:
- 20% Honeymoon Discount included
- 10% discount on Spa treatments
- 10% discount at Diving Centre
- Fruit & flower basket and bottle of wine in room on arrival
- Romantic turndown
- Room upgrade at check-in (subject to availability)
- Above also applies to Wedding Anniversary but must be in the same month as the wedding date
The above price excludes:
- Passport & visa costs (if applicable), travel insurance & items of a personal nature are not included.
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Early check-in and late check-out
- Just Honeymoons Consulting / Travel Assist fee of R228
Airfare surcharges and conditions:
- This fare level is determined by Mango’s yield management of their seats and is not a set fare level but rather subject to the load factor booked on a specific date.
- A peak season supplement applies for travel 01 - 25 July, 30 September - 10 October and 12 December 2018 - 19 January 2019
- Compulsory New Years Eve Gala Dinner approx. R800.00 pp
The Small print:
- These promotions are valid for Southern African Development Community (SADC) residents only. Proof of a valid ID or Passport is required when booking.
- All prices are per person sharing unless otherwise specified.
- Passengers have to travel within 12 months of celebrating their wedding. Your marriage certificate is required at time of checking in at the hotel.
- As this is an estimate only, no reservations have been made and all services are subject to availability at time of booking. Prices are calculated based on the actual rate of exchange on the day and are subject to change without prior notice due to seasonal adjustments, airfare increases, currency fluctuations, flight and accommodation availability. Please contact us for an accurate price once you are ready to plan and book your holiday.
- All services are subject to our standard terms and conditions as well as airline rulings apply.
- All discounts and/or special offers have already been included in the package price.
- Rebooking and cancellation fees apply.
- Errors and Omissions Excepted.
Prices correct as at 20 June 2018
About Karafuu Village Beach Resort and Spa - Pongwe
With architecture and décor in the traditional Zanzibar style, this is an incredible value for money hotel in a secluded area on the island’s east coast, about 50 minutes’ drive from the airport and Stonetown. With a choice of Garden rooms, Cottages and Junior suites, there’s sure to be an accommodation style to suit your taste and budget. Guests on the all-inclusive package have a choice of 3 restaurants plus the resort’s Masai Village offers barbeque dinners twice a week together with traditional Masai entertainment. The a' la carte restaurant with its fabulous sea views is perfect for that special celebration. Hands-on and attentive management, daily entertainment, a PADI dive school, 3 large pools, swim up bars and a scenic Spa with a Jacuzzi pool complete the picture of this established holiday resort.
Amenities & Services
- Swimming Pool
- Internet Access
- Double Bed
- Private Bathroom
- Mini bar
- Electronic Safe
- Individually controlled air conditioning
26 Junior Suites
Built under “makuti” thatch and furnished with traditional Zanzibar furniture, these junior suites facing the sea, under a beautiful palm grove or on a small hill comprise: entrance through private
garden, breathtaking view veranda, mosquito net, spacious bedroom, dressing room, bathroom with shower, ceiling fan, air conditioning, television, Wi-Fi connection, hair-dryer, telephone, teapot, room safe and minibar.
Built under “makuti” thatch and furnished with traditional Zanzibar furniture, these cottages comprise: entrance through private garden, breathtaking view veranda, mosquito net, ample
bedroom, dressing room, bathroom with shower, ceiling fan, independent air conditioning, television, wi-fi connection, hairdryer, telephone, teapot, room safe and minibar.
38 Garden Rooms
Built as well under “makuti” thatch and furnished with traditional Zanzibar furniture, these rooms comprise bedroom, wardrobe, bathroom with shower, balcony, mosquito net, ceiling fan,
independent air conditioning, television, wi-fi connection, hairdryer, telephone, teapot room safe and minibar.
1 Suite room
It is situated along the beachfront under a beautiful palm grove with a spectacular view. Entrance through a private garden and direct to an ample living room with two sofas and living corner, one big bedroom, dressing room, bathroom, front sea view veranda with 2 wooden chaises-longues, table and one soft local sofa and a private external shower. The Suite is provided with mosquito nets, ceiling fan, independent air conditioning, hairdryer, telephone, television, minibar, tea/coffee maker, safe box and WI.FI connection.
Dining & Bars
Food at Karafuu is good. The resort’s 3 restaurants result in plenty of choices. Breakfast is not exciting but is filling and fresh; bread, fruits and pastries with hot options available (eggs and bacon). The included dinner is an extensive buffet. There are always meat, fish and vegetarian options on offer as well as various salads and desserts. Dinner can be eaten outdoors, but one must be prepared to eat either early or late to secure an alfresco spot. Live entertainment accompanies dinner nightly.
The hotel also offers a choice of two bars. Drinks are good and the wine list, though not as extensive at other resorts, is adequate. Drinks are not cheap at the hotel, however. Many guests choose to explore the bars at other resorts in the area. With most packages, bottled water is not free. Guests coming from Stone Town might consider buying large bottles to bring with them.
Entertainment & Sports
Karafuu is ideally suited to those who are interested in relaxing, diving, snorkelling and enjoying the in-house entertainments (including a disco).
The beach at Pingwe is great for strolling along and one can watch the local fishermen at work. Hardened sea-swimmers will be fine bathing, but those with young children simply wishing to take a dip may feel safer sticking to the hotel’s large pool as the sea is only accessible down a slippery concrete jetty. However, the same living reef that makes relaxed sea-bathing difficult does prove delightful for snorkelling.
There are tennis courts, spots for beach volleyball and water aerobics lessons for the sporty and for the less so, a TV corner and pool table as well as Wi-Fi access. The hotel also has a massage room for those who want to de-stress.
Various excursions can be arranged through the hotel, though these may prove cheaper to arrange independently. Furthermore, the hotel’s remote location does make such trips costly.
Other facilities offered by the Karafuu include a boutique (more expensive than many of the market stalls and shops of Zanzibar), conference centre, exchange service (rates tend to be far worse than at banks on the island and at Dar Es Saleem) onsite PADI dive centre and wedding and honeymoon services.