Uroa Bay Beach Resort - Paje, Zanzibar
|* Departing from Johannesburg including current airport taxes|
|Room Category||Nights||Basis||Price||Valid||Ref No|
|Garden||7||HB||R11,190||01 Sep - 29 Oct '18||#7797||Show Description||Enquire Now|
|Garden||7||HB||R12,680||30 Oct - 30 Nov '18||#8477||Show Description||Enquire Now|
|Garden||7||HB||R12,680||01 Dec - 17 Dec '18||#8478||Show Description||Enquire Now|
The above price includes:
- Prices are based on per person sharing
- Return direct flights from Johannesburg to Zanzibar on Mango Airlines
- Operating on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays only
- Routing: JNB - ZNZ - JNB
- Current airport taxes
- Return resort transfers (seat in coach)
- 7 nights accommodation at the 3* Uroa Bay Beach Resort
- In a Garden room
- Breakfast & dinner daily (HB)
- All Zanzibar taxes; levies and surcharges
Honeymoon gifts and offers included in your package:
- Romantic room decoration
- Fruit basket on arrival
- One special romantic dinner
- Room upgrade at check-in (subject to availability)
The above price excludes:
- Passport & visa costs (if applicable), travel insurance & items of a personal nature are not included.
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Early check-in and late check-out
Airfare surcharges and conditions:
- This fare level is determined by Mango’s yield management of their seats and is not a set fare level but rather subject to the load factor booked on a specific date.
- A peak season supplement applies for travel 01 - 25 July, 30 September - 10 October and 12 December 2018 - 19 January 2019
The Small print:
- These promotions are valid for Southern African Development Community (SADC) residents only. Proof of a valid ID or Passport is required when booking.
- All prices are per person sharing unless otherwise specified.
- Passengers have to travel within 12 months of celebrating their wedding. Your marriage certificate is required at time of checking in at the hotel.
- As this is an estimate only, no reservations have been made and all services are subject to availability at time of booking. Prices are calculated based on the actual rate of exchange on the day and are subject to change without prior notice due to seasonal adjustments, airfare increases, currency fluctuations, flight and accommodation availability. Please contact us for an accurate price once you are ready to plan and book your holiday.
- All services are subject to our standard terms and conditions as well as airline rulings apply.
- All discounts and/or special offers have already been included in the package price.
- Rebooking and cancellation fees apply.
- Errors and Omissions Excepted.
Prices correct as at 20 July 2018
About Uroa Bay Beach Resort - Paje
Uroa Bay Beach Resort is located on 300 metres of powder-white soft beach on Zanzibar’s beautiful East coast. Makuti thatched accommodation is decorated in traditional Zanzibari style amidst lush green foliage. This is a vibey resort is perfect for couples, and if you are a kitesurfer nearby Paje is one of the best areas on the island for this sport.
The resort will be undergoing renovations in May and will be closed briefly from 06 - 22 May 2018. When Uroa Bay Beach Resort re-opens their doors, it will be a 4* resort, sure to charm honeymooners.
Amenities & Services
- Airport Shuttle
- Swimming Pool
- Fitness Facilities
- Internet Access
- Double Bed
- Mini bar
- Individually controlled air conditioning
- Room Service
- Tea and coffee facilities in room
All 61 rooms are equipped with double bed king size with mosquito net and a private bathroom. All rooms facing the sea with a private terrace decorated in local style with a sea view or garden view. The rooms feature air conditioning, satellite TV, telephone, mini-bar, tea and coffee making facilities, fan, safe box and Internet connection on demand.
- 6 Superior Sea Front Rooms
- 2 Family Sea Front Rooms
- 6 Superior Sea View Rooms
- 2 Family Sea View Rooms
- 1 Family Suite Room
- 4 Superior Garden View Rooms
- 70 Garden View Rooms
Dining & Bars
The Restaurant Jua is located in the main makuti building, next to the Bar Rafiki.
It features for its furniture in local wood and it has 150 seats; the main meal as breakfast, lunch and dinner, are served here with buffet service (7-10 am, 12.30 - 2.30 pm, 7.30 - 10 pm).
For those who would have their meal later or just a snack during the day, they can choose from our menu la carte (10 am -10 pm).
Our two Bars, Rafiki and Pwani, the last one on the beach, offer our guests cocktails, soft drinks, local alcoholics and spirits drinks, the coffee, ice cream and juices made with fresh fruits.
Entertainment & Sports
Uroa Bay Beach Resort provides for its guests a tennis court, a mini soccer field and a volleyball ground beside a ping-pong table; all these activities are for free.
Guests can ask to Reception the equipment to enjoy their favourite sport.
During the evening hours, the use of the tennis court costs 10$ per hours.
Learn to fly on a kite surfboard!
Riding the waves and feel the power of the wind?
In Zanzibar you can!
Jungle kite offers kitesurf courses; Jungle kite school will train you with a system based on international standards experience over the years the Indian ocean winds create the perfect conditions for everyone.
To learn to kitesurf with quick results and a lot of fun in total safety!!
Zanzibar is reputed to have some of the best diving in the world, and the coral reef structures that surround Unguja and Pemba ensure that the marine life is abundant. Good visibility (20 - 60 metres) and a year-round average water temperature of 27c ensure that you enjoy your Zanzibar diving experience, and also present an ideal opportunity for learning to scuba dive or upgrading your diving qualification.
There are several dive centres on the island including Zanzibar Watersports and most run courses using the international PADI system of diver education.
This way, the certification you gain in Zanzibar can be used anywhere in the world.
Diving in Zanzibar isn't restricted to beginners. Experienced scuba divers can enjoy exciting wall dives, night dives and drift dives.
In deeper waters, lush coral gardens often stretch as far as the eye can see, and large gamefish (barracuda, kingfish, tuna and wahoo) hunt together with large Napoleonic wrasse, graceful manta rays and sharks.
Shallower waters are the playground of tropical fish, including a huge variety of Indo-Pacific marine fauna.
Zanzibar Stonetown tour
This three and a half hour guided tour begins and ends at your hotel. The tour commences at the house of wonders or City Market and covers all the above places. You will be driven or walk (optional)to all the National Museum of Zanzibar (opened 1925) to see interesting relics (unfortunately is now closed)... You leave and head to the Old slave market, fruit market, spice market, seeing Zanzibar doors and then ahead to waterfront at Shangani - Old British Consulate (the late Dr Livingstone body remained here and later sent to Britain), the Arab Fort (built in the 1700's), the House of Wonders (built in 1883). From here, you proceed on a leisure walk through the Narrow streets of Stone Town (old part of the Zanzibar town) where most of the houses date back to more than one hundred and fifty years. In this part of the town, you will find a lot of small and exotic bazaars and curio shops.
Zanzibar dolphin tour
A day Tour, the main attraction being able to swim close to the dolphins, actually it's swimming with the Dolphin. Being very social themselves, if you are lucky you even get to play with them. Situated on the southern point of the island, Kizimkazi fishing village is home to several schools of bottle-nosed dolphins and Humpback dolphins, which are sighted following a short boat trip from the village. Please note that this tour is subject to Weather Conditions; We have our people at Kizimkazi and if the weather is noted as appropriate for the tour we will inform you on the morning of the Tour and postpone it to the next day. Kizimkazi is also the site of a 12th-century mosque.
Zanzibar safari blue trip
This is a full day out on a traditional sailing dhow with seafood and drinks. Come prepared to get your feet wet, enjoy new experiences, in this sea safari you will have the most memorable day of your life. Explore the mangrove lagoon hidden inside Kwale island. A swim through the protected mangrove forest at high tide is an unforgettable experience.
Zanzibar prison island trip
A half day relaxing in the channel of the Indian Ocean is achieved when you visit the small isle off the western coast of Zanzibar. This half day guided tour begins and ends at your hotel. A 30-minute boat ride (motorised) will take you to this exclusive island. The Island was formerly owned by an Arab and was privately used as a place of detention for recalcitrant slaves
Zanzibar Jozani forest
This half day guided tour begins and ends at your hotel. The forest has now been declared a reserve and holds the rare Red Colobus Monkeys not to be seen anywhere else in the world. This guided tour of three hours takes you to Jozani natural forest; the smaller trees and shrubs make several sub canopies under the highest canopy. You will walk through nature trail of the forest, which is a habitat for many species of animals and is famous for its Red Colobus Monkeys - the rare species. Return to your hotel.
Zanzibar sunset dhow cruise
A Romantic Sunset dhow Cruise from Stone Town, Retake the journey of Princess Sayyida in a traditional Arabian Dhow. Set forth from Stone Town and sail along the shores of this historic coast while the sun sinks into the ocean painting the town with its pastel colours, The crew will ply you with tales, while you soak up the ambience once enjoyed by Arabian Royalty. Relax and enjoy Stone Town without the hustle, bustle, noise and heat on our traditional Arabian dhow. If you wish we can sail you to Mtoni Marine Centre for a beach BBQ on Saturdays with live African Rhythm and dance, and from Sunday to Friday an a la carte meal is served. After the meal, we will return you to Stone Town.
Full day Mnemba Atoll snorkelling
Mnemba atoll is found on the northeastern of the Zanzibar island. We provide daily snorkelling trips to Mnemba Atoll - a Marine Conservation Park situated on the North East Coast of Zanzibar, you will inboard our traditional Zanzibar dhow. Mnemba is the best area for snorkelers with the opportunity to view the best fish of the Indian Ocean