Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, Maldives
|* Prices are based on per person sharing - departing from Johannesburg including current airport taxes|
|Room Category||Nights||Basis||** Price||Valid||Ref No|
|** All prices are from per person sharing|
|Deluxe room||7||Al||R48,425||01 Aug - 31 Oct '20||#10546||Show Description||Enquire Now|
The above price includes:
Rates are based on per person sharing and prices to be used as a guideline only. Please enquire for accurate prices once you are ready to plan your honeymoon celebration.
Prices are based on a Honeymoon Early Bird booking bonus
- Return economy class flights on Emirates departing from Johannesburg, via Dubai to Male in the Maldives
- Routing: JNB - DXB - MLE - DXB - JNB
- Approximate airport taxes of R6,605.00 per person
- Return resort transfers by speedboat
- 7 nights accommodation at the 4* Olhuveli Beach and Spa Resort, Maldives
- Accommodation options as per below
Each of the 327 villas has been crafted purely with comfort, relaxation and elegance in mind, taking the classic materials of nature, blending them with contemporary chic and open-air living, intended to make the most of the Maldivian sunlight and tranquil views. Outdoor sun loungers are provided in all villa categories to ensure that guests can soak up the best of Maldives.
Olhuveli’s Dream Island is the most recently completed section of the resort. This little island connects to the main island of Olhuveli by a walkway bridge. Access to the Grand Water Villas and Grand Water Villas with Pool is via Dream Island. The island is also home to an overwater spa, a buffet restaurant, an a la carte grill restaurant, a bar, a swimming pool and a conference centre.
- Deluxe Room (Size: 50 m2)
Located in blocks of 4 rooms with 2 on the upper and 2 on the lower level, all on the beachfront with terrace or balcony. All rooms are comfortably furnished with a four-poster double bed, an en-suite bathroom and shower.
- Grand Beach Villa(Size: 80 m2)
They have a large private patio and a luxurious outdoor bathroom including bathtub and outdoor shower.
- Grand Beach Villa with Pool (Size: 76 m2)
A private en suite outdoor pool, a living area with daybeds and an outdoor bathroom.
- Grand Beach Suite with Pool (Size: 101 m2)
This villa has a separate living area as a well as a guaranteed view of the setting sun.
- Deluxe Water Villas (Size: 64 m2)
Perched over the lagoon with sundecks giving direct access to the water.
- Jacuzzi Water Villas (Size: 82 m2)
Situated on stilts over the water these villas afford a greater degree of luxury and privacy and have a Jacuzzi bath on the private sundeck. The luxurious bathroom comes with double vanity, rain shower and roll-top bathtub and offers uninterrupted views of the ocean.
- Grand Water Villa (Size: 100 m2)
These water villas are located on a jetty off the Dream Island. They offer direct access to the lagoon via stairs and have added privacy.
- Sunset Jacuzzi Water Villas (Size: 82 m2)
These are the same as the Jacuzzi Water Villas but have the added benefit of stunning views of the sunset.
- Grand Water Villa with Pool (Size: 112 m2)
Perched over the lagoon with private access to the ocean and a private pool on the deck these water villas are accessed via a jetty off Dream Island.
- Prestige Jacuzzi Water Villas (Size: 123 m2)
Offering complete privacy with private Jacuzzi on the spacious sundeck. There is a separate living room with a comfortable daybed for quiet moments indoors.
- Presidential Water Suites (Size: 270 m2)
The luxurious Presidential Water Suites are situated at the far end of the water villa jetty where the two footbridges meet and offer complete privacy with an unparalleled view. The suites offer two tastefully decorated bedrooms, a living-dining room complete with a flat-screen TV, surround sound and DVD player, a stocked kitchenette, a double levelled deck with pool, Jacuzzi, swim-up platforms and loungers for private sunbathing. A dedicated 24-hour butler service is available.
- Deluxe Room (Size: 50 m2)
- Meal plan as per below:
- Diamond All-Inclusive includes:
- Buffet breakfasts, lunches and dinners at the Sunset Restaurant or, for guest staying in Grand Water Villa, Grand Water Villa with Pool and Grand Beach Villa with Pool categories, at the Malaafaiy Restaurant.
- Guests can enjoy lunch or dinner at the a la carte restaurants with a 40% discount on the food bill at the Lagoon Restaurant, Four Spices, The Plankton Grill and the Maghrib Grill (advance booking is required). The
- Plankton Grill is open for dinner only from 19h00 to 22h00
- Daily afternoon tea with snacks
- Unlimited alcoholic & non-alcoholic drinks served throughout the day from 10h00 – midnight including soft drinks, canned and packaged fruit juices, beer, white, red and rose table wine, selected spirits, a selection of cocktails and mocktails, coffee, tea, iced coffee, iced tea, espresso, cappuccino, latte and macchiato (freshly brewed).
- Complimentary mini-bar replenished daily on a regular schedule with soft drinks and beer
- A bottle of sparkling wine once during the stay to be delivered to the room on the 2nd day of arrival
- A half-hour group snorkelling and group windsurfing lesson per person per stay
- Complimentary snorkelling equipment available throughout the stay for guests in Grand Beach Villas, Grand Beach Villas with Pool, Grand Beach Suites with Pool, Grand Water Villas and Grand Waters Villas with pool only
- Daily non-motorized water sports on selected activities: kayak, paddleboard, windsurfing (limited to one hour per day)
- Choice of ONE complimentary regular/scheduled excursion per guest per stay subject to a minimum stay of 3 nights
- Enjoy a spa credit of US$ 100 per room per stay with a minimum stay of 5 nights (Not applicable on tailor-made spa packages, salon and retail items in the spa). Advance booking is required.
- Sunset Restaurant
Built entirely over water, this restaurant is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner with an emphasis on local or international flavours.
- Lagoon Restaurant
For guests who find getting away from the beach impossible, the Lagoon restaurant sits right on the beach with ample open decking and overlooking the beautiful beach and lagoon.
- The Four Spices
Open for dinner every evening, the over-water setting of The Four Spices is perfect for fine à la carte dining and ideal to celebrate a special occasion with highlights on Japanese, Indian, Thai and Maldivian flavours.
- Island Pizza
Situated next to the main pool, the Island Pizza offers a selection of delectable pizzas as well as an array of deli-style sandwiches and burgers that are perfect for a light lunch or snack in between meals.
- The Plankton Grill
The Plankton Grill is an outdoor seafood restaurant with an open-style kitchen.
This main buffet restaurant is located on Dream Island and is for the use of the Grand Water Villa, Grand Water Villa with Pool and Grand Beach Villa with Pool guests for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Maghrib Grill
This intimate outdoor seafood grill restaurant is located on Dream Island and is open for lunch and dinner
- Lagoon Bar
The bar sits right at the water’s edge with a wonderful deck area, a great atmosphere, and the best view of the setting sun.
- Sunrise Bar
This lively venue has an enviable buzz about it and is ideal for daytime or early evening drinks. The bar is positioned around the main pool of the island.
- Dhoni Bar
A chic lounge that has transformed the patio next to the Infinity Pool with views of the Indian Ocean and colourful sunsets.
- Dream Bar
Located next to the pool on Dream Island.
- Sunset Restaurant
- Diamond All-Inclusive includes:
- Accommodation options as per below
- All taxes, levies & surcharges (estimate)
Honeymoon offers and gifts vary from season to season, are based on 7 nights and may include the following:
- 15% Early Bird Discount - Book and pay 60 days prior to departure
- Honeymoon Value adds :
- Fruit basket
- Bottle of wine
- Complimentary in-villa breakfast once during stay
- One romantic candlelit dinner on the beach
- In-villa floral bath (room with bathtub)
- Special turndown on arrival night
- Celebratory cake
- Valid with 12 months of wedding
The above price excludes:
- Passport & visa costs (if applicable)
- Travel assist fee of R230.00
- Travel insurance & items of a personal nature are not included.
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Early check-in and late check-out
Airfare surcharges and conditions:
- A weekend surcharge is applicable for travel on Fridays and Saturdays.
- A shoulder-season surcharge applies for travel on certain dates in March and April 2020 of approx. R900.00 per person.
- A high season surcharge applies for travel from 2 – 6 January 2020, 13 – 22 June 2020 & 10 – 23 December 2020 of approx. R2 100.00 per person.
The Small print:
- This price serves as a guideline only and rates are based on per person sharing
- These promotions are valid for the Southern African Development Community (SADC) residents only. Proof of a valid ID or Passport is required when booking.
- Passengers have to travel within 12 months of celebrating their wedding. Your marriage certificate is required at the time of checking in at the hotel.
- As this is an estimate only, no reservations have been made and all services are subject to availability at time of booking.
- Prices are calculated based on the actual rate of exchange on the day and are subject to change without prior notice due to seasonal adjustments, airfare increases, currency fluctuations, flight and accommodation availability.
- Please contact us for an accurate price once you are ready to plan and book your holiday.
- All services are subject to our standard terms and conditions as well as airline rulings apply.
- All discounts and/or special offers have already been included in the package price.
- Rebooking and cancellation fees apply.
- Errors and Omissions Excepted.
Prices correct as at 01 April 2020
About Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort
Want true Maldivian style? With soft sand walkways lined with Frangipani trees, a turquoise lagoon and spectacular marine life, Olhuveli is the epitome of the region. Family or romantic getaway; it matters not for the island is perfect for both. Magnificent beach villas or a variety of over-water accommodation choices will make you feel like royalty. The house reef is accessible from the end of the jetty and the resort plays host to the very first kite surfing school in the Maldives. With a huge lagoon, there is plenty of snorkelling and all the water and land sports you could wish for, a spa with a hydrotherapy area and, although there is no kids club, there is a children’s play area. Evenings are taken care of with 4 restaurants and 4 bars with evening entertainment laid on.
Amenities & Services
- Swimming Pool
- Fitness Facilities
- Internet Access
- Double Bed
- Private Bathroom
- Television with satellite channels
- Mini bar
- Electronic Safe
- Individually controlled air conditioning
- Room Service
- Tea and coffee facilities in room
Step into your new home for the next few blissful days. Each of the 164 villas have been crafted purely with comfort, relaxation and elegance in mind, taking the classic materials of nature, blending them with contemporary chic and open-air living, intended to make the most of the Maldivian sunlight and tranquil views. Outdoor sun loungers are provided in all villa categories to ensure that guests can soak up the best of Maldives.
Deluxe room: The stylish Maldivian style accommodation is beach fronted and come with a terrace or balcony overlooking the beach and lagoon. All rooms are comfortably furnished with a four poster double bed, an en-suite bathroom and shower. Size: 51 sqm.
Beach Villas: For guests who desire a hideaway among the gentle swaying trees the individually appointed Beach Villas face their own private stretch of beach and lagoon. Double doors open to a private veranda with a comfortable day lounger. The en-suite bathroom is a quiet sanctuary which opens out to its own enclosed private courtyard, completely in harmony with the natural surroundings.A roll-top bath, double vanity, open-air rain shower and sala create a sublime atmosphere in which to relax and drink in the unforgettable views. Size: 84 sqm.
Deluxe Water Villas: The lovely Maldivian style water villas are perched over the clear blue lagoon, with inspiring views of the Indian Ocean. Private sundeck with sun loungers lead directly into the warm lagoon, a wonderfully refreshing swim is mere steps away. Size: 63 sqm.
Jacuzzi Water Villas: Situated on stilts and extending over the turquoise waters of the lagoon, Jacuzzi Water Villas afford a greater degree of luxury and privacy. Lavish furnishing within the villa provides cool contentment while a Jacuzzi bath on the spacious, private sundeck lends a unique feature. The luxurious bathroom comes with double vanity, rain shower and roll-top bathtub and offers uninterrupted views of the lagoon beyond. Size: 81 sqm.
Honeymoon Water Villas: Unwind in the inviting comfort of the exclusive Honeymoon Water Villas, offering complete privacy. Indulge in the private Jacuzzi or steam bath set on the spacious private sundeck. The Honeymoon Water Villas offer the luxury of a separate living room with a comfortable daybed for quiet moments indoors. Wake up from one dream into another. Size: 122 sqm
Presidential Water Suite: Step out and indulge in the natural beauty of the Maldives in our luxurious Presidential Water Suites where beauty defies imagination. Situated at the far end of the water villa jetty where the two footbridges meet, each suite offers complete privacy and an un-paralleled view. The Presidential Suites features two tastefully decorated bedrooms with private wooden sundeck, a living-dining room complete with flat screen TV, surround sound and DVD player and, a stocked kitchenette. Outside, a huge double levelled deck offers a pool, Jacuzzi, swim-up platforms and chaise lounges for private sunbathing. A dedicated 24-hour butler service is available ensuring the tiniest detail is attended to. Size: 271 sqm.
All categories in addition to their unique features have the following:
- Satellite TV
- Stocked mini bar
- Tea/Coffee facilities
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- Ceiling fan
- Internet access
- IDD telephone
- In-villa safe
- Slippers (except in Deluxe Rooms)
Dining & Bars
One of the highlights of a stay at Olhuveli is the outstanding cuisine, which has fresh, delicious seafood at its heart. Think creative, organic food with flair, prepared by world-class chefs and served in enjoyably different and unique settings. From an unhurried lunch on the beach with friends or family, dining alfresco in the relaxing heat of the day, to a candle-lit dinner for two under the stars, all tastes are well-catered for.
Sunset Restaurant: Built entirely over water, the main restaurant is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner with an emphasis on local or international flavours. As well as buffet style dining, one of the highlights is the live cooking stations.The extensive open deck gives the choice to sit under the stars for an alfresco dinner.
Lagoon Restaurant: For guests who find getting away from the beach impossible, the Lagoon restaurant sits right on the beach with ample open decking and overlooking the beautiful beach and lagoon.
The Four Spices: Open for dinner every evening, the over-water setting of The Four Spices is perfect for fine à la carte dining and ideal to celebrate a special occasion. Olhuveli staff are on hand to guide you through the bespoke menu and match wines with dishes. This is Asian food at its finest with highlights on Japanese, Indian, Thai and Maldivian flavours. Indoor or outdoor seating is available.
Island Pizza: Situated next to the main pool, the Island Pizza offers a selection of delectable pizzas made out of fresh and seasonal blends of ingredients and includes local seafood, Asian, Mediterranean and Western flavours to your taste. The menu also includes an array of deli-style sandwiches and burgers that are perfect for a light lunch or snack in between meals.
Lagoon Bar: There’s nothing better than watching the sunset with a loved one or family, as friends old and new unwind. Lagoon Bar, the venue for evening entertainment sits right at the water’s edge with a wonderful deck area and great atmosphere.
Sunrise Bar: This lively venue has an enviable buzz about it and is ideal for daytime or early evening drinks with friends. Naturally colourful thanks to the lush tropical vegetation growing in abundance outside, the bar is positioned around the main pool of the island. As well as activities to take part in, the varied menu is accompanied by a wide range of drinks on offer.
Dhoni Bar Built in the theme of the traditional Maldivian sea vessel, Dhoni bar lends a more laid-back atmosphere, next to the infinity pool.
Entertainment & Sports
- 24 hour guest assistance
- A full range of activities and excursions
- Badminton/ Volleyball
- Billiards/ Board games
- Children's pool
- Five Star Gold Palm PADI dive centre
- Flood-lit tennis
- Foreign currency exchange
- In-house doctor and Clinic
- International Direct Dialing (from all villas)
- Laptops with WiFi Internet (Reception)
- Children Facility
- Laundry service
- Multi-lingual staff
- Private Karaoke
Submerge into a whole new world of wonder and find out why this is the dream destination of every diver with its inviting warm water, astonishing clarity and hidden bounties. As you descend, you are greeted by breathtaking species and a profusion of soft and hard corals in a kaleidoscope of colours and shapes.
Swim along to discover the shy giant moray eel, the elegant lion fish, the camouflaged stone fish and the clever octopus among other amazing species in the diversified house reef. The lucky few may encounter a Green Sea Turtle, adult Reef Shark, hump-head Napoleon Wrasse or get up close with the majestic manta ray. Uncover the mysteries of the hidden caves, overhangs and sunken ship on your quest. A holiday is certainly never complete without witnessing the spectacular underwater wonders of the Maldives.
Olhuveli is complete with an unparalleled array of recreational activities both on and off the island that is suitable for all ages. While our vast crystal clear lagoon is perfect for a host of water-based activities, back on shore, a wide range of activities will tempt you off the deck chair. Flood-lit tennis, beach volley, billiards, badminton or take on the island team on a football match.
Alternatively enjoy an offshore excursion such as a Maldivian Island Tour where you get up close and personal with the traditional lifestyle, fishing and boat building.
Maldives is all about relaxation and we have the perfect balance of low key evening entertainment to keep you on your toes and the Lagoon Bar is the hub for nightly entertainment. Sit back and relax as a local band soothes your senses or enjoy a Maldivian Cultural Show. Join in the frenzied dancing to the beat of the Maldivian “Bodu Beru” or be the champion of the Olhuveli Grand Prix at the weekly crab-racing. A Karaoke room is also available for private parties and events
The Sun Spa, named after the life-giving sun, an eternal light which extends through treatments to harmonise body, mind and soul. The spa has one ideal at its heart – to take a holistic approach to health and well-being using ancient Indian Ayurvedic techniques while encompassing the five elements