Meeru Island Resort and Spa, Maldives
|* Departing from Johannesburg including current airport taxes of approx R3,755|
|Room Category||Nights||Basis||Price||Valid||Ref No|
|Beach Villa||7||AI||R34,710||01 Jun - 10 Jul||#8269||Show Description||Enquire Now|
|Beach Villa||7||AI||R35,250||05 Sep - 31 Oct||#8270||Show Description||Enquire Now|
|* Departing from Durban including current airport taxes of R3,755|
|Room Category||Nights||Basis||Price||Valid||Ref No|
|Jacuzzi Water Villa||7||AI||R35,530||01 Jun - 10 Jul||#8269||Show Description||Enquire Now|
|Jacuzzi Water Villa||7||AI||R36,070||05 Sep - 31 Oct||#8270||Show Description||Enquire Now|
The above price includes:
- Rates are based on per person sharing
- Return economy flights from Johannesburg to Male, the Maldives on Qatar
- Routing JNB: DOH: MLE: DOH: JNB
- Current airport taxes
- Return resort transfers by speedboat
- 7 nights accommodation at the 4* Meeru Island Resort and Spa
- In a Jacuzzi Water Villa
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and selected drinks daily (AI)
- Added values:
- Free upgrade to AI
- Free use of the fitness centre
- Golf driving range
- Daytime use of the tennis
- Beach volleyball and badminton courts
- Table tennis
- Darts and football grounds
- All Maldives taxes; levies and surcharges
Honeymoon gifts and offers included in your package:
- As per the resort
The above price excludes:
- Passport & visa costs (if applicable), travel insurance & items of a personal nature are not included.
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Early check-in and late check-out
- Just Honeymoons Consulting / Travel Assist fee of R228
Airfare surcharges and conditions:
- A weekend surcharge is applicable for travel on Fridays and Saturdays.
- A high season surcharge applies for travel 22 June to 15 July 2018 and 10 to 23 December 2018.
The Small print:
- These promotions are valid for Southern African Development Community (SADC) residents only. Proof of a valid ID or Passport is required when booking.
- All prices are per person sharing unless otherwise specified.
- Passengers have to travel within 12 months of celebrating their wedding. Your marriage certificate is required at time of checking in at the hotel.
- As this is an estimate only, no reservations have been made and all services are subject to availability at time of booking. Prices are calculated based on the actual rate of exchange on the day and are subject to change without prior notice due to seasonal adjustments, airfare increases, currency fluctuations, flight and accommodation availability. Please contact us for an accurate price once you are ready to plan and book your holiday.
- All services are subject to our standard terms and conditions as well as airline rulings apply.
- All discounts and/or special offers have already been included in the package price.
- Rebooking and cancellation fees apply.
- Errors and Omissions Excepted.
Prices correct as at 19 April 2018
About Meeru Island Resort and Spa
A 55 minute speedboat transfer brings you to the island of Meerufenfushi and its sole occupant, Meeru Island Resort; a lovely, well-established, South African favourite. Barefoot is the only way to go on this laid-back island and the chilled atmosphere makes for the ultimate relaxing holiday that caters for all tastes. But don’t think that there’s nothing going on; there’s an excellent house reef, beautiful lagoon and the most perfect stretches of beach; a golf driving range, putting green and 9 hole pitch and putt course, Euro Divers Scuba Centre and evening entertainment. Stay on the beach or over water with Jacuzzi options for both, and eat and drink at one of 4 restaurants – 2 a la carte – and 6 bars. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available in all guest rooms and most public areas.
Amenities & Services
- Swimming Pool
- Internet Access
- Double Bed
- Television with satellite channels
- Mini bar
- Electronic Safe
- Individually controlled air conditioning
- Room Service
- Tea and coffee facilities in room
286 Rooms include 20 Garden Rooms, 77 Beach Villas, 83 Jacuzzi Beach Villas, 27 Water Villas, 77 Jacuzzi Water Villas, and 2 Honeymoon Suites.
Room Features Include:
- Tropical décor
- Private porch with furniture
- King size bed or twin beds
- Complimentary high speed broadband Internet
- Wood or tiled flooring
- Overhead ceiling fan
- Sitting area
- Stocked Mini Bar with refrigerator
- Complimentary tea/coffee
- Nightly turndown service
- Bath accessories
- Partially open-air bathroom (except for garden rooms)
- Rain shower
- Double sinks
- IDD telephone
- Color cable TV
- DVD/CD player
- Personal safe
- Electricity is 220VAC, 50HZ
- Complimentary use of chaise lounges at the pool and beach and beach towels.
Beach Villas (56 sqm) are spacious, individual wooden bungalows on the beach with a beautiful view of the lagoon
Jacuzzi Beach Villas (80 sqm) are Beach Villas with an upgraded bedroom including a four poster bed, a private walled-in outdoor area featuring a Jacuzzi for two “under the stars” with a wooden sundeck, chaise lounges, a shade Pavilion or umbrella and tropical plants
Water Villas (60 sqm) are located on the beach at the water’s edge, with an upgraded bedroom including a four poster bed, a spacious bathroom with double sinks, a private, walled-in outdoor area featuring a Jacuzzi for two “under the stars”, a wooden sundeck, chaise lounges, a shade umbrella, tropical plants, a private sundeck with stairs into the sea and a spectacular view of the lagoon
Jacuzzi Water Villas (85 sqm) are located over-the-water, in the lagoon…a short walk along your private jetty to this secluded hideaway featuring a larger, upgraded bedroom suite, a tea/coffee/espresso service; a spacious bathroom with double sinks; a private walled-in outdoor area featuring a Jacuzzi for two “under the stars”, a wooden sundeck, chaise lounges, a shaded area, tropical plants, a private sundeck with stairs into the sea and the most magnificent views of all.
The Honeymoon Suites (90 sqm) are located over-the-water, in the lagoon…a short “dhoni” boat ride from shore.These exclusive, luxuriously appointed Suites feature the same facilities as the Jacuzzi Water Villa, plus a combined Living room/dining room area, a bathroom with bath and bidet, your private “lagoon” pool, a breakfast pastry basket and a complimentary bottle of champagne.
Dining & Bars
Two main “sister” restaurants, conveniently located to best serve our guests. The Farivalhu, for guests staying at the Southern end of the island and The Maalan, for guests staying at the Northern end of the island, both featuring the same “all you can eat” buffet style meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner, served in the traditional open-air, sand floor, thatch roof dining rooms with a separate table for each room.
Also, there are “optional” a la carte restaurants including the over-the-water Asian Wok Restaurant, specializing in Asian cuisine and Teppanyaki; the Hot Rock Restaurant, featuring seafood, steak or chicken cooked at your table on “hot rocks”, and 4 other “optional” á la carte choices; a Snack Menu at the Bars and Pools; the Meeru cafe at the Dhoni Bar pool serving ice creams, pastries, panini sandwiches and speciality teas and coffees,
Room Service and a selection of very special Dinners served on the Beach
The Dhoni Bar, on the beach beside the Dhoni Bar Pool; the Kakuni Bar, with sports bar facilities such as table tennis, billiards, snooker, foosball table, darts, chess, board games and color satellite TV coverage of international sporting events; a Disco; the Uthuru Bar next to the Maalan Restaurant for guests of age 18 years and older, the over-the-water Asian Wok Bar at the southern end of the island, the Pavilion Bar, on the beach near the Pavilion Bar Pool and the Hot Rock Bar at the Pavilion Bar Pool
Dress can be very casual. Many guests are barefoot. Bathing suits may be worn for breakfast and lunch as long as women wear a cover-up or sarong and men wear a short sleeve polo shirt (not sleeveless). Shorts and a short sleeve polo shirt (not sleeveless) are customary for dinner or you can dress up as you wish. Guests with special dietary needs should advise us beforehand.
The Farivalhu Restaurant is for guests staying in the Garden rooms, the Beach Villas, the Jacuzzi Beach Villas (100's), & the Jacuzzi Water Villas (300's) and is located in the centre of the island. It provides spacious seating in the traditional open-air style with sand floor and thatched roof. There is also outdoor seating on a wooden deck.
The Maalan Restaurant is for guests staying in the adults only Jacuzzi Beach Villas (600's), Water Villas and Jacuzzi Water Villas (700's) and is located on the northern end of the island. It is divided into 3 separate dining areas which provide spacious seating and all are in the traditional open-air style with sand floor and thatched roofs. There is also outdoor seating on a wooden deck.
Entertainment & Sports
Facilities & Activities (some at additional cost)
1.5 kilometres of beautiful white sand beach, a magnificent lagoon and plenty of good snorkeling.
2 sparkling clear fresh water swimming pools overlooking the beach - the Dhoni Bar Pool with a children’s wading pool and the new Pavilion Bar Pool for adults only, age 18 years and older.
Two tennis courts, golf driving range, putting green, 9 Hole Pitch & Putt golf course, beach volleyball, badminton, table tennis, billiards, snooker, foosball table, darts, petanque, bicycles, and football grounds.
Fishing Excursions including Morning, Afternoon and Deep Sea trips; Fitness Center with Modern Exercise Equipment
Euro Divers Scuba Centre
Meeru Windsurf & Sailing Centre
Complimentary w-fi in guest rooms and most public areas for email, web browsing, social networking and telephone calls
The Duniye Spa
The spa provides a tropical spa experience for women and men, focused on wholeness, simplicity, purity and quality. The therapist’s healing energy combined with Asian massage techniques and using only chemical free, pure organic compounds follows a natural, holistic, personalized approach to caring for each guest’s health, beauty and well being. Two Spas, one over-the-water and the other on land