Azanzi Beach Hotel - Matemwe, Zanzibar
|* Departing from Johannesburg including current airport taxes from R1,320|
|Room Category||Nights||Basis||Price||Valid||Ref No|
|Standard||7||AI||R12,175||01 Jun - 30 Jun '17||HF6388||Show Description||Enquire Now|
|Standard||7||AI||R15,945||01 Jul - 30 Sep '17||HF6389||Show Description||Enquire Now|
|Standard||7||AI||R15,945||01 Oct - 31 Oct '17||HF6390||Show Description||Enquire Now|
|Standard||7||AI||R15,945||01 Nov - 14 Dec '17||HF6391||Show Description||Enquire Now|
The above price includes:
- Rates are based on per person sharing
- Return economy flights from Johannesburg to Zanzibar on the scheduled, direct services of Mango
- Current airport taxes
- Routeing: JNB: ZNZ: JNB
- Return resort transfers (seat in coach)
- 7 nights accommodation at the 4* Azanzi Beach Resort
- In a Standard Room
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily (Full Board) and selected beverages daily between 10:00 and 22:00
- All Zanzibar taxes; levies and surcharges
- As per resort specifications
Package offers exclude:
- Meals & drinks not indicated
- Items of a personal nature
- Medical & travel insurance
- Passport & visa costs (if applicable)
- Courier of documents to your door
- Travel Assist fee of R228
The small print:
- Package price includes early booking bonus and honeymoon discount
- This fare level is determined by Mango’s yield management of their seats and is not a set fare level but rather subject to the load factor booked on a specific date
- A high season surcharge will be applicable to public and school holiday periods
- Prices are per person sharing ex JNB and are subject to currency fluctuations, availability at time of booking and adjustment rate based on exact departure date.
- Passengers ex Cape Town, Durban and other centres will need to purchase a separate ticket to and from Johannesburg and may have to overnight prior to their departure
- Valid within 6 months from date of wedding and marriage certificate is required at time of check-in at the resort
- Standard terms and conditions apply
Last updated 23 May 2017
About Azanzi Beach Hotel - Matemwe
A boutique beach hotel with only 35 rooms offering a truly intimate experience, perfect for couples and honeymooners. South African owned and operated, with a really hands-on management team, you’ll be assured of a warm and friendly welcome. The central entertainment area offers multi-level viewing decks and a fabulous pool that stretches from the undercover dining area out onto the sand. The resort’s Deluxe Villas offer a private cold water Jacuzzi on the deck plus a fabulous outdoor shower. For the more energetic, an excellent onsite dive centre and complimentary non-motorised water sports will keep you busy.
Amenities & Services
- Swimming Pool
- Double Bed
- Television with satellite channels
- Electronic Safe
- Individually controlled air conditioning
- Tea and coffee facilities in room
There are 35 luxury rooms comprising of 8 standard rooms, 12 luxury suites, 9 villas, and 6 deluxe villas.
Specific room facilities and configurations, all feature air conditioners, mini bars and tea and coffee facilities.
The standard rooms feature an en-suite shower only.
Luxury suites are available as inter-leading rooms, should families require an additional room for children but require their own space. It is also possible for up to two children to share with adults in a luxury suite. In addition to the adjoining or inter-leading luxury suites, there are also individual luxury suites.
Villas are stand alone rooms with a full en-suite bathroom as well as an outdoor shower.
Deluxe villas are identical to the standard villa with the exception that they also feature a jacuzzi.
Dining & Bars
The Bridge Restaurant offers glorious views of the ocean and meals are varied between set menus and themed buffet dinners.
Light meals and snacks are available on the terrace
The bar is located next to the pool with a swim up bar counter
The beach barbeque evening forms part of a memorable dining experience where guests can relax on the beach and enjoy the lavish array of seafood. Beach barbeques are weather dependent.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner and a limited selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages between 10h00 and 22h00.
Entertainment & Sports
Azanzi Activities and Tours:
- Scuba diving
- Fishing - deep sea and fly fishing
- Various non-motorized activities
- Daily trips to local tourist destinations can be arranged
- Dhow sundowner cruises
- Therapeutic massages
Azanzi Spice Tour: (A guests account of the day's events)
The spice tour lasts about 3 hours in total and costs $15 per person for the transfer and then just a donation is given to the tour leader and this is divided amongst the staff. We gave $10 per guest and this was money very well spent. The tour begins with a walk thru a natural spice farm and the guides are really good and point out heaps of herbs and spices, we also watched a chap climb up a palm tree to retrieve coconuts for all, this prepared in front of us and we all enjoyed a cool coconut drink. The tour ends with everyone seated around a table while our guide sliced and diced a myriad of fruits for us to try (so much that you come away having felt that you had had a meal.
Azanzi Deep Sea Diving:
The Zanzibar Dive Centre, One Ocean Ltd, is Zanzibar's first Five Star Dive Centre. We offer the most professional and organised operation on the island. You can be confident that you and your clients will receive the best and safest service available. Good, well-maintained equipment, comfortable and reliable boats, adherence to all safety procedures and friendly and professional staff assure your client's comfort and safety all the way.
One Ocean offers daily dive and snorkel excursions to the Mnemba Atoll. Mnemba Atoll is a marine park with a plethora of fish life, green turtles, bottlenose dolphins, soft and hard corals and good visibility. We have various dive/snorkel sites there to suit all levels of experience. All snorkel trips are escorted by a snorkel guide. Our dive instructors and dive masters aim, not to simply lead a dive, but to reveal the mysteries of the reef to our divers.
One Ocean offers scuba courses from complete beginner to Dive Master level and has highly qualified and experienced instructors available to teach PADI courses in several languages. For the complete novice, we have a Discover Scuba Diving programme, whereby non-certified divers can dive at the Atoll with an instructor. This is a great course for anyone that has always wanted to experience the pleasure of diving, without committing a couple of days, or more, of a certification course.
We are proud to present our newScuba Fish Zanzibar dive centre at Azanzi Beach Hotel.